Back in Kingston and happy to report the ball is rolling! Orientation on Dec 6 th!

Armyguy1976
on 11/21/12 11:31 pm - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 09/10/13

Morning all,  first let me begin by saying how happy I am to be back in Kingston after being away on a career course  the past few months. I missed this site and more importantly the feedback , support and knowledge of it's members.

I'm happy to report that I now have my orientation date on Dec 6th and am looking forward to the journey in the new year. To say the process is stressful is an understatement, add to that the extra hoops one must jump thru in the military to be approved for surgery my faith was tested and I even contemplated making a career change after 16 years of service. Thankfully I'm now receiving the support and understanding from the CF I needed and i'm once again excited about my future.

Lastly I will ask anyone familiar with the process here in Kingston to kindly pass along any knowledge they might have to share about what to expect at my orientation and the days ahead.

Cheers and thank you for your time

Referal Feb 2011, Orientation Dec 5 2012, Nurse Prac Jan 8th 2013, Dietitian Jan 9th 2013, Social worker Jan 10th 2013, Ultra sound Jan 20th 2013, CT scan Feb 4th 2013, Scope Feb 5th 2013 .... Surgeons apoint June 12 2013, Pre Op Class June 26 2013, PATTS Aug 20 2013, RNY surgery Sept 10th 2013

Karen M.
on 11/21/12 11:34 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Welcome home! I hope everything goes smoothly for you. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

gardeninggal
on 11/21/12 11:49 pm - Midland, Canada

Hey, been wondering where you wandered off to!  Great news and hope all goes quickly for you

Patm
on 11/21/12 11:51 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good luck. I hope all goes well for you.

BluEyedCin
on 11/22/12 12:04 am

Glad to hear things are going well for you now on your journey...wishing you the best

ARE YOU FROM NORTHERN ONTARIO

IF SO EMAIL ME AT

[email protected]

SURGERY DEC 3 2012

chipmunk_roasting
on 11/22/12 3:15 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada

Welcome back, armyguy;  I was wondering where you were.   I've no information on what the Kingston orientation would be like, but if it's similar to Ottawa's, and that's likely considering you might have your surgery here, it's going to be time spent in a room with people of like size.   You will be given the basic information on what the surgery process is, and the steps needed (or hoops provided) for you to proceed to the ultimate goal.

Glad you are back ...

Marilyn

aka mmm

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

(deactivated member)
on 11/22/12 5:15 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

Glad to see you are back with us.

Arlio1207
on 11/22/12 7:47 am - Belleville , Canada
RNY on 04/04/13

I am infact going through Kingston !!! I did wait 4 months for the info session. But let me tell you, I went Nov7th, and have been back twice since, to see the nurse, have blood work, and then see the dietician and psych. The ball is rolling and fast. I go back Jan 4th to see the dietician again, (I do have to have an ultra sound and throat scope done, but it will here in Belleville), and then hopefully I will be cleared for surgery. 

So welcome home !!!! And best of luck. 

Arlene enlightened

Referred June 26, 2012, Orientation Nov 7, Nurse Nov 19. Dietician and Psychologist Nov 21, Dietician #2 Jan 4, 2013, Final Nurse Jan 24, Meet surgeon Feb 20th, Pre Surgical class Mar 6th, Dr Glazier March 7, PATTS March 7, Surgery April 4th !!!!!

Moselle
on 11/25/12 6:39 am - Athens, Canada

Welcome back. We were beginning to think that you had dropped off the face of the planet. 

Glad to hear that things are moving along for you now.  I'm not sure how the process is working through Kingston but if you are able to make your December meeting you may be able to touch base with a couple of folks who do know.

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

Most Active
Recent Topics