Finding Old Pictures of Yourself!

pinkjellybean
on 12/4/12 12:58 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12

What does it feel like when you come across old pictures of yourself?  My daughter needed pictures for preschool from the day she was born for a preschool project they are working on and I was at my most absolute highest weight when I had her.  Truth be told I have no idea how much I weighed but I know it was over my highest known weight of 390 pounds......I am looking at these pictures and just can't believe it!  I never took that many pictures of myself ever so they are far and few between but these are shockers for sure!  Granted I just gave birth to a baby but still!  Horrified! 

I am now 10 months post-op and down 206 pounds.  It's so refreshing!  I feel like I am in someone else's body and keep waiting for someone to come take it away from me!

Here is a couple of pictures taken by me with my cell phone so they are kind of cheesy but this is me last week!  Weighing in at 184 pounds! 

Heading out for a 5K run!  ME  Running....who would think?

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

4-Jane
on 12/4/12 1:19 pm - Canada

I'm pre op so my picture still make me want to destroy them, you have done so well you must feel proud. I'm glad you found picture they are good to compare but they are both still you and that look of absolute love is beautiful

Respectfully Jane
ToNewBeginnings
on 12/4/12 7:48 pm

First of all, you look FABULOUS!.

I've realized I don't have a lot of 'before' pictures, I avoided the camera. I have a particular one on my fridge and every now and then one of us in the family will say " I can't believe that's you" or something like that.

Niki L.
on 12/4/12 8:12 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
You look great i am so happy for you

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/12 8:36 pm - Straford, Canada

Wow!  What a change!  Congrats on your results! kiss

Patm
on 12/4/12 10:33 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I was actually looking for before pics recently and yes they are few and far between but it is a shock to see how big i was. You are looking fantastic and should be so proud of how well you have done in such a short period of time.

Zmimshen
on 12/5/12 12:57 am - Canada
RNY on 01/15/13

You are awesome!!!!

Orientation: Apr. 3, 2012; SW&NP: May 29, 2012; Nutrition class: June 19, 2012; Nutritionist: Aug. 29, 2012; Surgeon: Nov. 9, 2012; Surgery date:January 15, 2013; Highest weight: 357     Start of Opti weight: 338.6     Surgery Weight: 322.4   

Cuter_w_Curves
on 12/5/12 2:45 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

You've done so wonderful!!!

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

kellybelly333
on 12/5/12 3:12 am - Toronto, Canada

OH...MY...GOD!! You go girl!!

I hate seeing old pics of me. However...you have inspired me to see if I can find some from friends. I need a good "check-in" with my body dysmorphia methinks!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Mary A.
on 12/6/12 12:33 am

I am ot proud o fthe weight I was..but truthfully I wasn't really concerned or embarassed.

I am now more embarassed about those pictures now then I was when I was at the higher weight.

I was one of those people who was comfortable in my own skin.

congrats on your substantial weight loss and continued good health~!

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics