my Back issues update...ugh!(LONG)

zephie
on 12/25/12 11:12 am - Moose Factory, Canada

When I hear stories like this..I am thankful to live in the north in a community that has a little little hospital....caring for patients is much different on the most part. Both my daughter and myself have herniated discs...painful doesn't even being to describe the agony you have gone through.  Glad to hear you finally have some answers sooner rather than later!!!!!

Orientation - Feb. 19 & 20/13 - NP,Nut, Psych, - Mar. 14/13 - Sleep Study - Mar. 24/13 - OTN with Dr. Sullivan - June 28/13  On my way!!! Preop Sept 25/13  -  SURGERY OCTOBER 22/13!!!!!!!!

It's not how you start this life...it's how well you finish it...& I plan to finish it with gusto!!!!

Aca-Verity
on 12/25/12 12:56 pm - Canada
VSG on 06/06/12

UN F'ING BELIEVABLE TANYA!!!!  What a Terrible ordeal you have been through!  I can relate tho'.....had something similiar in 1982.....could have ended up in a wheel chair for life....do have nerve damage as a result of a herniated disc which had fragmented and was embedded in my spinal nerve. 

SO VERY HAPPY that you've finally been taken care of properly and are on the road to recovery.....I'm sorry that no one took you seriously.....that type of pain (not to mention frustration!!!!) just EATS you up, from the INSIDE.....it makes me "shudder" to hear what you had to go through.  BTW, I don't think there's any legal recourse.....that's why they call them "practioners"!!!!

P.S. Shopping via the Walmart scooters is GR8....they have them at Costco too!  LOL

Verity

tango123
on 12/25/12 9:41 pm
yes its shameful, and if I have permanent nerve damage I will take legal action. no excuse. They had access to the MRI seeing my emergency MRI was at lakeridge. It wasn't even so much the misdiagnose...the fact the one nurse watched me crawl out of the hospital is brutal.
Trust me Sunnybrook wasn't perfect either.
Thx for the well wishes everyone
ybfat
on 12/25/12 9:57 pm - Canada

Hi Tanya,

No doubt that Sunnybrook is not perfect however, I will say that after 4 years of seriously horrid pain and discomfort, barbituats, epidurals, etc. etc. I met a surgeon that helped me when nobody else could.   I am; very happy for you!

wants2Bfitagain
on 12/25/12 10:00 pm

OMG I am sorry that happened to you what a bunch of idiots glad you got the help you needed

Referral-April 20th  Orientation- June 12th Windsor
NP- July 23, Nut Class Aug 7th SW Aug 9th DR Aug 14th
2nd NUT & SW Sept 27th
Surgery Nov 6th Dr. Hagen HRRH

Patm
on 12/25/12 10:42 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

That was a really horrible ordeal. I hope you follow-up with the hospitals on your treatment. There was no excuse for them. I hope you heal fast

kellybelly333
on 12/26/12 12:17 am - Toronto, Canada
Horrifying!!!! The only word for our health system.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

sam1am
on 12/26/12 12:50 am

That is absolutely terrible!  Please follow up and report all of the problems along the way as maybe it will help someone else along the way.  I'm so sorry to hear what you had to endure and so glad to see that you are on the mend.  I hope you can take the police test at a later date.

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

jewel-twin
on 12/26/12 4:35 am - Canada

OMG... I was a crying mess on the floor last friday when my back went out...thank god I had a wheelchair for my Hubby... called my sister at 6am crying...I was flat on my face on thekitche floor...i couldn't move..it was so bad... I went to my family dr he took one look at me...perks and muscle relaxers... I am much better...

I suffer from this kind of back pain from time to time... it comes slowly and then OUT it goes and I am rendered useless...

Glad you are okay and on the mend.

Juls

Family Dr. 06/05/2012    Referral Received 06/28/2012 Orientation 08/01/2012   NP 08/27/2012
SW 08/28/2012              Nut Class 08/27/2012
NUT 10/01/2012              PS 10/01/2012
Surgeon Dr. Cyriac 12/07/2012  **SURGERY  JAN 30, 2013**

fooh.png

mermaidz
on 12/27/12 9:09 am - Brampton, Canada

Holy ****!.. that's totally unacceptable!!..

I'm very glad to hear you are doing better and that you will hopefully recover.

But I DO hope you write a letter of complaint about how the nurses treated you. They should be ***** slapped for such abusive treatment.

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

Most Active
Recent Topics