My Lululemon Love Affair

pinkjellybean
on 12/29/12 6:32 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12

I am completely in lust/love with everything inside the Lululemon store!  I love looking at the website and browsing the store even though I have hardly bought anything from there. 

It started with their Tea Pants that I bought back in September.  I fell in love with the quality and feel of those darn pants and even though they are a size 12 and quite large on me now I am still relaxing in them whenever I get the chance.  Next it was a zip up top that my Mom bought for me as a reward for reaching 200 pounds lost.....I wear that thing every. single. day under my coat for extra warmth!  For Christmas Mike bought me my first pair of Lululemon Groove Yoga Pants in a SIZE SIX SLIM!  Whoa nelly! 

I got a Lululemon gift card for Christmas today and went into the store today to spend it!  Yesterday at a family function I spied a super cute pair of casual pants that my cousin was wearing and knew I had to have them!!  They are not stretchy like the Yoga pants so I assumed I would need a size 10 which is the size my cousin (that I view as thin) was wearing!  Lo and behold I enter the change room today with the size 10 AND the 8 just in case and don't I need to ask the sales girl for a size 6!!!  Yeeeehaw!!  The size 6 in these pants were very snug across the waist and bum but the 8's were too lose and I still have at least 19 -29 pounds to lose so I indulged in the size six and bought them using my gift card! 

These are the pants.......

http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/women -pants/Studio-Pant-II-Liner?cc=0001&skuId=3347428&catId=wome n-pants

I never EVER use to buy myself nice things....but I love the feel and quality of their products so I do plan to buy myself something from there every now and then.  I dont' have a lot of clothing - I've never been that kind of girl so I'd rather buy myself something I love and will wear a ton then something that is sort of ok and that I will wear every now and then. 

My only resolution for 2013 besides getting to goal is to allow myself to do nice things for myself because I deserve it!  Gosh darn it!

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

dna
on 12/29/12 6:46 am - Canada

I applaud you !!  Good for you for buying things you love like you say instead of things you will wear only once in a while. 

I am terrified to go in that store.  I really really desire a beautiful hoody and pair of pants from there though.  Just can't bring myself to walk thru the door.  I am really curious about their sizing though.  I am 181 pounds and wonder what size that would make me.  I am a 14-16 in regular clothes ?  Oh LuluLemon Goddess could you help me ? lol

Referral:  August 2011  Information session:  November 2011
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

pinkjellybean
on 12/29/12 6:48 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12

Well.........  I am 179ish pounds and 5'8.  I am currently wearing their size 10/12 tops and size 6/8 pants. 

I find their sizing odd!!!  They only go up to size 12.

The first time I went in there I was soooo nervous! 

DebsDream
on 12/29/12 6:50 am

woohooo...that's so exciting! I can't wait to get there myself..hopefully by the end of 2013. You are very motivating and your enthusiasm leaps off the page!!! angry kiss

ps. had a question...so sent you a pm.

Orientation GGH: Mar '11 --- Surgeon: Oct 23, '12 --- Pre-Op: Nov 13, '12 --- SURGERY GGH,Dr. Reed:Nov 22, '12                 

Onward and
Downward

on 12/29/12 6:56 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

So you see?  The size 6 yoga pants were the real deal!  (I remember you posting something about how they stretch or something, but no.  You really do take their size 6!)

Congratulations!  Wear them to our next coffee night, I want to see! :)

I just tried on my size 18 AE pants that I bought just before surgery with a gift certificate in anticipation of wearing them someday.  I couldn't even get them over my legs a couple of months ago.  Now I can just barely close them, although they're too tight to actually wear.  So I did the happy dance today too!  I'm thinking that probably by the next coffee night, I'll be able to wear them. :)

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

pinkjellybean
on 12/29/12 6:58 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
On December 29, 2012 at 2:56 PM Pacific Time, Onward and Downward wrote:

So you see?  The size 6 yoga pants were the real deal!  (I remember you posting something about how they stretch or something, but no.  You really do take their size 6!)

Congratulations!  Wear them to our next coffee night, I want to see! :)

I just tried on my size 18 AE pants that I bought just before surgery with a gift certificate in anticipation of wearing them someday.  I couldn't even get them over my legs a couple of months ago.  Now I can just barely close them, although they're too tight to actually wear.  So I did the happy dance today too!  I'm thinking that probably by the next coffee night, I'll be able to wear them. :)

Yes!  It was the real deal! 

when is the next coffee night?  I forgot! Haha

Onward and
Downward

on 12/29/12 7:16 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

On Tuesday, January 15th.  I was considering posting the announcement now, but I thought it might be a bit early yet - thought I'd wait a few days.  I suppose I could post it now and bump it closer to the time so people get it into their calendars...

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

healthy_4_me
on 12/29/12 7:21 am
Where's your coffee night?
Dana    
Onward and
Downward

on 12/29/12 8:50 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

We're going to hold it at The Friendly Greek on the Danforth here in Toronto, I think around 7:30 p.m.  Don't worry, I'll post it in the next couple of days.  You're more than welcome to join us!

healthy_4_me
on 12/29/12 9:13 pm
Oh that's a little far for this girl for some reason I thought pinkjellybean was from Durham. Enjoy😉
Dana    
Most Active
Recent Topics