Protein powder - which one is best?

Karen O.
on 1/18/13 8:40 am - Canada
RNY on 01/22/13

Can anyone steer me in the right direction on what protein powder to buy for post-op? The packaging seems to be so huge and on the pricey side, so I don't want to buy one and then not like it. It would be such a waste. Which ones are tasty and worth the money.

Thanks,

chipmunk_roasting
on 1/18/13 8:46 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada

I don't know, yet;  I've purchased a Beneprotein and have tried the Bulk Barn whey protein.

If you do buy something at Costco, and do not like it, you can return it for a refund.   Other retailers are not nearly so liberal, as far as I know.

I'll be watching this thread, too -- thanks for starting it.

Marilyn

Five more sleeps to surgery

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

Karen O.
on 1/19/13 6:44 am - Canada
RNY on 01/22/13

I shop at Costco all the time and didn't realize you could return open items. Thanks for you input!

Only three more sleeps for me :)

seebs
on 1/18/13 10:35 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 01/10/13

I agree ..... Amazing thread and I will definitely be following this thread too !! I read everyone's posts and actually didn't know that if you get something from Costco and don't like you can return it !! Anyway I got the premier protein shakes and oh yeah bars that everyone seems to be talking about because I figure if majority likes it then it must be good lol 

i agree it's hard to figure out what is good and what agrees with our bodies .... I would love to know what others say and I'm open to trying new things so thanks for getting this thread going :)

seebs        

Karen O.
on 1/19/13 6:51 am - Canada
RNY on 01/22/13

I have tried the Oh Yeah bars from Costco. They are actually pretty good! A lot better than some protein bars I've attempted.

FYI - I went to the Nutrition House in Fairview Mall today and brought home a few free samples of their Diesel whey protein. I think you mentioned you were from Kitchener as well? You could try those too if you wanted. Let me know how they taste :)

Thanks!

seebs
on 1/19/13 8:42 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 01/10/13
Oh thanks so much for the info I will be checking that out THANk YOU

seebs        

PWA93
on 1/18/13 9:14 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/02/12

I used to by the Premier Protein from Costco but got tired of it really fast.

I now use http://www.dynawheyprotein.com/ which is in PEI.

The chocolate-banana and the chocolate peanut butter is AWESOME.  Mixes perfect with water with no grit even when using a shaker.  I use 250ml of water and 4 ice cubes in the magic bullet.  I tried the Orange-Vanilla and it was not as good.  But you can order samples and just pay for shipping to try and see what you like.

I also use the unflavoured whey isolate from Bulk Barn and just added some MiO water enhancer to it.   If you got the states, buy the Orange MiO, tastes like Orange Crush.

Cuter_w_Curves
on 1/19/13 2:27 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

Have you tried the Dyna Whey Pure? Just curious about how it measures up.

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

gimpymom
on 1/19/13 1:06 am

I didn't like the Costco premier shakes but I do like the Kaizen shakes -35 gm protein I mix with 1%milk-keep in mind that your tastes may change post op....

referral  Nov 23, 2011 orientation Dec 16   PATT Aug 9 OR DATE Aug. 20, 2012 ACHIEVED CLINIC GOAL Feb. 2013

Karen O.
on 1/19/13 6:41 am - Canada
RNY on 01/22/13

Thanks! I never really thought of my tastes changing post op.

Most Active
Recent Topics