Thyroid Levels??

Cindyloowho
on 1/30/13 11:17 pm - London, Canada

I was wondering if anyone else has had surgery delayed because of Thyroid Levels? When I went in to the doctors in November and spoke to him about my thyroid I had been off the pills for a couple of months as he switched my pills   So when he sent me for a blood test I asked if I should come back to be sure that it was normal he said no that now that I am on the pills at this level it should be fine.  I have gone through Guelph got the okay everything was fine went to the post-op Nutrition and now waiting to meet the surgeon ....well Fay called me today  I am next in line she was going to have me meet the surgeon next Thursday and wanted to ask if he (the doctor) adjusted it or took a new test, I told her the situation and she said that my level is 6.2 and that they won't do the surgery if it is not 6 or lower as they say I won't lose weight.......so now I have to get it tested again and if it is still high well then I have to wait till it gets in a normal stage to go ahead at all........so down the list I go.............even if it is at the same level as it was before if he changes my medication I don't know how long it takes for my blood to show the level change a couple of months I am sure.........now I am ticked.  I asked Fay how come nobody told me earlier about the blood level so that I could have been getting it adjusted or retested since last November and she said she didn't know that it wasn't her but she is going to tell the nurses..........well now I wait, I feel so depressed now and totally deflated it felt so so far away before and I was moving along pretty good now I feel as if it is going to be so long before it will happen........I was hoping to have it done by the summer which they said it would have been in April sometime...........now I will be lucky if it is done by the summer or in the summer........Sorry to vent I thought I was being so proactive in everything and had a feeling something was going to go wrong and now my fear has come to true..........

Surgery - Mar 8, 2013             

Goal Weight - 145  Surgery Weight - 228  Current Weight - 132

mermaidz
on 1/31/13 1:29 am - Brampton, Canada

I take thyroid meds too so I appreciate it's frustrating.

But look at it this way. Your level IS only 6.2 so to get it down to 6 should not take that long. Call your endocrinologist and explain what happened and how this has upset you.

Don't let them slide you down the list because of that .2 points ok? Fight for it

Good luck

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

Patm
on 1/31/13 1:56 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Sorry to hear of your delay. That would certainly be frustrating. Hope they can adjust it fast for you.

(deactivated member)
on 1/31/13 2:57 am

I feel your pain too.  I hope your level resumes back to normal soon.  Sounds like you waited long enough and then to be held up my such a small number!  

Marina

Kory !
on 1/31/13 8:42 am
How frustrating that would be. I agree get on the phone and fight. I also had issues with iron and was put on hold for 6 months until my #'s rose. It makes you feel like somone just punched you. Only you can changed and fight for it.
Cindyloowho
on 1/31/13 10:40 am - London, Canada

Thanks everyone, I knew that you all would understand my frustration.  I have thought of nothing all day but this.  I am frustrated as they knew the level since November and I could have had the test way before this and if I had to change meds then I could have had it all worked out by this time.  I knew in November when they were jumbling the nurse around to see me when I was there for my appointment that something seemed off and rushed out to fast....I should have believed my gut (when I was there the nurse was looking over my file and ready to call my name when she found out her mother was in the Emerg so she had to leave, they were going to cancel me but continue on with the other people when she came back but I said that I was from London and she was the last person I needed to see, so after 20 mins this other nurse came in so yeh I felt like something was off, this was just a little background on that nurses visit)

I went for a blood test after work, I bugged my doctor to get the requisition so the nurse is mad at me now I think I wasn't mean just persistent that I had to have it today.  I won't get the result till Tues or Weds and I pray that it is down, if now down down the list I go.  It will make room for others...........but oh so frustrating.

Sorry this is so long just venting.  Thanks for reading.

Cindy

Surgery - Mar 8, 2013             

Goal Weight - 145  Surgery Weight - 228  Current Weight - 132

Kory !
on 2/1/13 2:14 am

well Cindy let's hope for the best..  I think they are pretty quick for the turn around for the blood tests and lets hope it is the # you want.

Most Active
Recent Topics