Fainting and I am an idiot

Riley Sanders
on 2/3/13 7:56 pm - Canada

Hey guys.  So I think I am going to go to the doctor today and be late for work because I just fainted in the shower.  So some background is that I fainted once 5 days after surgery when I had a nightmare and jumped out of bed too quick.  But also I am like someone with a mental illness it seems I feel great so then i relax about taking my vitamins that was this weekend and I had resolved today I was going to be careful and get them all in then this happened.  the other thing is that my room is an ice box and I did the naked shuffle to the bathroom freezing then jumped in ho****er --not too quickly mind you...  Do you guys think the change in temperatures might have had something to do with it?  I havent had blood pressure problems anytime i have been monitored since in the hospital

(deactivated member)
on 2/3/13 8:29 pm - Straford, Canada

Not agreeing you're an idiot but if you insist!    JK

Are you getting in all your H2O?  Becoming light headed, fainting and postural hypotension is very common when we're dehydrated.  

Riley Sanders
on 2/3/13 8:37 pm - Canada

I am drinking a fair amount at least 1.5-2 litres a day.. I think it is that there was some confusion with the iron and the iron in my multi vitamin.. I wasnt sure If i needed the additional iron and since it is what I take right before bed I do not even remember the last time I took.. Which my mom says is stupid because I likely now am anemic and have a low hemoglobin..  I just fainted again after getting dressed and going up stairs.. I doubt I will make it into work today

(deactivated member)
on 2/3/13 8:39 pm - Straford, Canada

Hope you get it sorted out, hitting the floor can be a real bummer!  

Catw
on 2/3/13 8:49 pm - Arnprior, Canada

If you've fainted twice today, then I'd agree with staying home.  Try to get in to see your doctor (if you can get someone to drive you, it would be better).  And if not, at least contact your clinic and see what they say.  I know temperature can affect your body, but I don't know if I've heard of anyone fainting because of that.

Cathy

Laura H.
on 2/3/13 10:05 pm - Canada

I have had problems with dangerously low blood pressure since surgery.  The room blacks out on me several times a day but I have not fainted thank God.  My family doctor and Dr. Huynh do not know why this is happening.  I am going to see Dr. Glazier (internist) to see if he can shed some light on this problem.  I drink 2 - 3 litres of water a day, get in all my vitamins and protein.  I have been checked for dehydration and internal bleeding.  It is a mystery.  I hope you do get it checked out and I am so thankful that you have not seriously hurt yourself when you fainted.  Take care and let us know what happens.

Laura H.

Shantel80
on 2/3/13 10:54 pm, edited 2/3/13 10:55 pm - Canada

Another reason could be low blood glucose. Have you had anything to eat? I have been having issues with my blood glucose and it makes me feel very weak. I have not fainted as a result yet but I have noticed a drop in my blood pressure as a result. I have fainted on a few occasions due to low blood pressure. I would say have a snack or breakfast and see how you feel after. No sudden standing and get someone to take you to the dr's.

Good Luck!

Chantal

Highest Weight :  298   Consult Weight :  287     Surgery Weight :  280
Goal Weight:      170   Current Weight :  170    Personal Goal:       150

Lowest Weight Post-0p:  153

Riley Sanders
on 2/4/13 12:59 am - Canada

Thanks everyone my nana is going to take me to the doctors and im going to get my blood work done... The fainting is sort of drawn out I have time to get to me knees or even lay down bfore I go so I havent gotten hurt.... No I havent eaten and actually I was a little hungry feeling before bed last night maybe i should have.. but Also I have had a headache since yesterday and that can be caused by a low hemoglobin 

jdance
on 2/4/13 4:34 am - Canada

That sounds like what I get when i have a hypogycemic reaction.

Usually happens to me when I eat too many carbs, about an hour later I'm down on my knees, weak as a kitten. a good dose of sugar, then protein gets me out of it pretty quick.

but i would get to the doctors about that for sure.

PatXYZ
on 2/4/13 2:31 am

You know what you need to be doing and it sounds obvious to me that you aren't doing it and that malnutrition and dehydration are making you dizzy, faint and have headaches. Eat 80g of protein a day, drink 2L of fluids a day, take all your vitamins everyday(including extra iron, not just what is in the multivitamin). Try doing this for 2 weeks. I bet it will stop or at least get much better. If not go see your clinic.

Take your time getting up and down to avoid the dizziness.

I had OHIP approved Duodenal Switch surgery with Dr. Dennis Hong at St. Joseph's Hamilton on March 7th, 2012. Want more information on the DS in Ontario? Send me a private message!
Most Active
Recent Topics