WHOA!!!!! I am fit

on-my-way-2-new-me
on 2/26/13 5:20 am - Canada
RNY on 03/04/13

well i have not been in a good mood for the last week I went to pick up my opti last Monday and last visit with doctor, than I went for blood work, well it was a hectic day last monday took me over 2.5 hrs to get there as it was freezing rain and traffic going into toronto first thing, so my blood pressure was elevated and very nervous, well me and the one doctor clashed a little exspecially when he said I was NOT FIT for surgery well i was pissed i said you make the decision to have the surgery the wait is long and you are finally at the finish line and than this what the heck do you think i am having this surgery for MY health, then he went on to ask me if my husband slept with me or not as my ekg had something wrong,,,,,anyway i left there last monday not knowing what to expect he told me he was gonna give me a one week pass,,,,,so today I drove back to toronto only took 1.15 hrs just to get my blood pressure checked......thank god it was a different doctor and with iphone and my numbers from home blood pressure machine from past week ...pressure was still high,  but this doctor approved me and said YES I CAN GO FOR SURGERY ON monday!!!! victory dance.....so hopefully I will have my surgery on Monday and you will have to make room on the bench for me......

tbtilalaf
on 2/26/13 5:29 am

WOO HOO! Great news! >>>>Movin' over!!>>>>>

Good luck with your surgery on Monday!!

Melissa!

Surgery was July 19 2012, and I am doing great!! Only one regret....wish I did this years ago!!!!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE CENTURY CLUB!

Patm
on 2/26/13 5:43 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

That is great. After driving for 1.5 hours in Toronto traffic, no wonder your blood pressure was high!

Megan M.
on 2/26/13 7:33 am - Canada
I am confused. What does your husband sleeping with you have to do with your EKG? Am I missing something?

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Dar_Mab
on 2/26/13 10:05 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Good question Megan. I was wondering the exactly same thing. It was such an odd question.    

Congrats "on my way 2 new me"!    Your time has come!

Good luck and speedy recovery!

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

ovalspice
on 2/26/13 1:47 pm - Toronto, Canada

I was wondering about that question too - whether her husband sleeps with her, ekg, etc. But then it occurred to me that he didn't fully explain himself - he could have been wondering if she has undiagnosed sleep apnea. So, he was trying to get at whether she'd ever been told by her husband that she snores loudly. Because sleep apnea can effect so many things in the body, including the heart. Anyway, that's my best guess.

Congrats on-my-way-2-new-me!!! My surgery is March 18th so its getting close for me too!!

Most Active
Recent Topics