VSG if BMI<60

gaiamist
on 4/6/13 12:54 am - Windsor, Canada

So, I haven't been on this forum for awhile. I have been following the Facebook pages. My journey has been full of delays and disappointments so I won't go into to. Suffice it to say, I have been categorically denied for the DS because my BMI is "only" 44 (I think). Most recently, my Internist at the local bariatric centre has redirected my file back to Toronto and told me that the VSG is till on the table if the surgeon approves. On Thursday I receives a call saying I have an appointment with Dr. Urbach on May 3rd. I actually have two questions to put out there. The first, in my subject line, is if anyone around my BMI has had the sleeve approved. The unrelated question is that I will be having major jaw surgery on April 22nd and I'm hoping I will be able to travel (and talk, of course). Will that surgery be a factor in the decision?

Ref June/10; Dr.Treki Jan/11; Orient Jan/2011; SW Mar/11; hiatus Apr-Oct/11; Dietician class Nov/11; SW Nov/12; Dr.Treki Dec/11; psych Jan/12; Dietician Feb/12; SW Mar/12; Surg Ed class May/12; surgeon Aug 24/12 - agreed to refer file to Hamilton for DS               
roxytrim
on 4/6/13 3:58 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

My BMI was 40.3 when I was approved for the Sleeve, so if you think your BMI is too low, not really.  Have you posted your question on the VSG forum?  As far as the major jaw surgery, wow, you do have lots on your plate.

Most Active
Recent Topics