does anyone regret surgery

reenie33
on 5/29/13 10:37 am

I have been waiting for surgery and have just been given a surgery date. Now I have a cousin whom I told about surgery and she freeked! She said we have another cousin who had the RNY and almost died, he has trouble eating anything, gets all sweaty, throws up etc. While I understand everyone is different as is their experience with WLS, Im thinking he just dosent conform to diet standards and never did and this is why he got so sick. What about anyone here? My cousin is now trying her best to "inform me"  How about hearing from some of you guys. I indent on sticking to the diet protocol, and going through each stage and not hurrying up anything

TanyaLH
on 5/29/13 10:43 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

I am having surgery on Friday and would be very interested to read responses to this question.

Tanya

Paddycke51
on 5/29/13 10:43 am - Mississauga, Canada
I'm only 7 weeks out and I do not regret having the surgery. It's the best thing I ever done. I do not take insulin anymore. Going nest week to have a physical and I'm hoping that the rest of my medication will be discontinued as well. I feel great, more energy.
Paddtcke51    
reenie33
on 5/29/13 10:57 am

excellent for you! Im hoping to do the same with my pills as well

Pez
on 5/29/13 10:46 am - Oshawa, Canada

I'm only 6 months out but no regrets.  I have had a pretty easy time of it though so maybe I'm not the best judge lol.  I have heard stories of people who have had extremely difficult time, yet I have never heard anyone say they regret it.

reenie33
on 5/29/13 10:56 am

Ya , I have not come across one person except the cousin either. I think if you adhere to the whole plan , you will be fine

Charlene Straus
on 5/29/13 10:48 am - Mississauga, Canada

My ;surgery isn't until September 17th, but I don't regret this decision, I've made. I have an uncle that went through the surgery and without going into the cir****tances (he had other health issues), he almost died. He's lost over 200 lbs and says despite the complications, he would do it all over again. It's the best thing he has ever done. It sounds like the cousin, who is having issues is suffering from dumping syndrome. Seems to me, he may want to revise his diet and eliminate the fats, sugars and starches.

reenie33
on 5/29/13 10:53 am

I agree! and I am going to go through with surgery June 28th

Charlene Straus
on 5/29/13 10:57 am - Mississauga, Canada

Good for you! I have no intention of backing out either. Living on opti, for the rest of my life, would be better than having to deal with carrying this weight around. September 17th cannot get here fast enough!

reenie33
on 5/29/13 11:01 am

I wish you all the best for a speedy recovery , and a new life, thats how Im looking at it... a new lease on a new life, my 50's are going to be awesome