OHIP approval in record time!

Megan M.
on 5/31/13 8:28 am - Canada

I can't believe it!  On May 10 I had an email from the Dr. saying that he was proceeding with my approval request for panni.  Today I got the call that I have been approved.  That's 3 weeks, I never would have believed it - they must have really felt sorry for me when they saw my nekkid pictures!  I've heard of people taking months and months to get approved.

Next  I have to decide if I want to do a telephone consultation, since I'm in Thunder Bay, or if I want to come down for an office consult, but if I do that it won't happen til mid-July.  Because I work in a school, I was hoping to have surgery this summer when I am off and can recuperate without worrying about not being at school for startup in September.  I've send the Dr. an email asking what he thinks would be the quickest route for me to follow.  Hope to hear back in a few days.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Megan M.
on 5/31/13 8:36 am - Canada

And just for the record, I have intense itching and moisture issues, but have only one prescription from my family dr. for cream.  PS submitted based on the symptoms I told him I was experiencing, whi*****luded worries about odour, interference when exercising, occasional huge pimples in the area.  I forgot to tell him about my lower back ache.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Needanewbeginning
on 5/31/13 8:49 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Fantastic! Where do you go to have this done?

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Megan M.
on 5/31/13 10:08 am - Canada

Dr Kreidstein in Scarborough.  Very impressed so far.

moniquesgettingft
on 5/31/13 8:50 am - Scarborough Ontario, Canada
That is so amazing !! You must be so excited! So happy for you!

Let us know how things progress!!

Katie M.
on 5/31/13 8:53 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

That's good news! Here's hoping they're able to shuffle things around so that you can have the surgery earlier in the summer and have time to recoup before September! 

gardeninggal
on 5/31/13 9:30 am - Midland, Canada

Great news Megan!  I am sure you will do your 'homework' and  will have the best care scenario for your timelines.....angry

Needanewbeginning
on 5/31/13 10:11 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13
That is really amazing news and speedy too! I can't imagine how I will be when I loose my weight. I already have those issues so they are sure to get worse jot better. It's a goal to get the weight off and a panni done.

So happy for you.
Annette

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/13 11:48 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

Wonderful news, congratulations. I hope you get your summer surgery.

Patm
on 5/31/13 10:15 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

That's great news. Hope it works out for you for the summer.

Most Active
Recent Topics