Last Day of Opti

nmcgreen
on 8/21/13 12:06 am - Canada

Today I am grateful for being told to have 3 weeks of Opti. If you would have asked me in the beginning I would have not said such a thing! I think 3 weeks is needed because you really need to see what stuff you are made of! The first week I acted like a spoiled child (only to myself, not out loud to others). I was angry, I cried! I was HANGRY! I was fighting it tooth and nail. Dragged kicking and screaming! I was "sneaking" food left right and center. Something happened at the end of week 1. Firstly, I lost 7 pounds and secondly, I did NOT die of hunger. Week 2 I was able to tamper down my inner brat and have been on board ever since.I lost another 7 week 2 and 5 more this week. I'm proud I did this. It bodes well for the future. The bonus is I already feel way lighter. My face isn't bloated looking and my knees have not bothered me all week. I haven't even opened my massive bottle of tylenol arthitis! I worked 5 12 hour shifts and 2 8 hour evening shifts in the last 2 weeks! I have been perfectly fine. I'm glad I was able to overcome this one small step at the beginning and get a glimpse of future rewards!

November 27th Referral sent. January Group orientation. April 10th Nurse . May 21st Nutrition and Behavior. May 24 Ultrasound. June 26th Group. July 16 Surgeon Surgery August 22

Mandalious
on 8/21/13 12:11 am - Canada
RNY on 12/03/13

Its not such a small step.. Its a massive step. The being able to be self aware, admit how it was a struggle and how you moved past it.

Any day I dont have to take pain killers would be a victory and a huge deal!!

Give yourself more credit.  You did GREAT and set yourself for a positve start for surgery!

Congrats!!

Cheers

M

Referral May 17 '13 / Orientation June 17 '13 / Meeting w Dr Hagen June 26 '13 / RN,RD,SW July 31 '13 / Dr.Glazer Sept 3 '13/ Sleep Study Sept 5 '13 /2nd app w Dr Hagen Sept 16 '13 / F/U w  Dr Glazer  Sept 23 '13 / PRATTS Nov 14 '13/ Surgery Dec 3rd '13

time2changeme
on 8/21/13 12:15 am

What an accomplishment!!  Good for you!  I remember feeling the same way after 6 weeks of opti! 

I wish you all the best with your surgery and on your journey!

Let's all slide down and make room on the bench angry

gwynnkitty
on 8/21/13 2:10 am - North York, Canada

Way to go!! I'm sure hoping I'm this graceful when the time comes. :)

Good luck tomorrow!!

Referral to Surgeon: February 12, 2013 Appointment with Surgeon: April 24, 2013 Endoscopy: April 30, 2013 Referral sent to Bariatric Registry: May 2, 2013 Orientation Appointment: May 27, 2013 Dr Klein Appointment: June 6, 2013 Second Upper GI Series: June 11 Dr Glazer: August 12, 2013 RN/RD/SW: August 29. 2013 Follow-up With Dr Klein: September 23, 2013 Start Opti: October 23, 2013 Surgery Date: November 14, 2013 

Charlene Straus
on 8/21/13 10:42 am - Mississauga, Canada

Way to go! I'm only on Day 2 and feeling accomplished. I've not cheated and am just fighting the urge. Thank goodness for broths and sugar free jello. By next Tuesday I will be 1/4 ways done! Can't wait! I wish you all the best with your surgery and may your recovery be quick! 

Most Active
Recent Topics