What I ate today....what did I do wrong...if anything

Charlene Straus
on 10/23/13 10:02 am - Mississauga, Canada

I posted this, earlier, on what are you eating today. I'm hoping to make it a habit. I'm 5 weeks post op and frustrated with the scale. However, I understand that you lose and then halt and then lose and then halt. I don't want to say stall, because the time in between the needle moving, isn't that long. When I don't see a change, on the scale, I find a change in how things are fitting...or falling off..lol. I'm keeping a spreadsheet diary of what I am eating. I'm hoping, some of the veterans can take a look at this and tell me if I'm doing anything wrong. 

Date Meal Food Calories Protein Carbs Fat
10/23/2013 Breakfast 1/3 cPorridge with cinnamon and raisins 120 6 16 2.5
    1 T raisins 27 0.5 6 0
    ff/sf Greek Yogurt 90 8 14 0

Snack Cheese String 80 5 0 7
    3 Saltines 39 0.25 6.09 1.02

Lunch 1 cup Lentil Soup 130 8 21 2
    2 Saltines 26 0.56 4.06 0.68

Snack ff/sf Greek Yogurt 90 8 14 0
    1/2 c mandarin oranges in water 45 1 9 0

Dinner 1/2 c Tilapia 120 20 3 3

Snack Protein Shake 140 25 2 3

TOTAL     907 82.31 95.15 19.2

EternalEx
on 10/23/13 1:15 pm - Canada
I don't really consider myself a "vet" at 4 months, but your plan looks solid. The calories and carbs might be a bit high (i eat around 800 cals a day, but am dairy-free so may not be the best comparison).

What i can say is that the scale is rough - especially from week 3-8. Your body is trying to adapt to what you've done to it, so it's not always going to do what you expect. You said you're seeing changes in your clothes and the scale is moving (albeit slower than you like), so what you're doing is working.

I'm sure others will pipe in,but i think you're on the right path.
Patm
on 10/23/13 8:51 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Your menu looks good for the stage you are at. You might consider trying to get a little veg in your dinner. The amount of calories really depends on your level of activity as you go forward. Right now you look like you are doing great. I am 20 mths and maintaining for 6 mths

Mary A.
on 10/24/13 11:25 pm

you are doing a great job of keeping track of your food

it takes a couple of months to get everything settled...PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't step on the scale MORE than once a week, your body is changing and it needs the time to figure things out..while you may NOT see the scale move...you may be losing in other areas...weight may be redistributing. People get hung up on the scale and then panic when it doesn't move..it doesn't move, not becaus eyou are doing something wrong, but because your body is adjusting~!  Also keep in mind if you have a menstrual cycle, this and water will also play into your weight..thus ANOTHER reason not to weigh yourself more than once a week..that and you will make yourself CRAZY~!!

..if I have learned anything in almost 5 years post-op...it takes time....relax...do what you are supposed to do and it will ALL happen~!!

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics