Share Your Goals For 2014

Diminishing Dawn
on 1/1/14 3:11 am - Windsor, Canada

I love "stay positive". I need to work on that one Lynn!

Happy New Year and I hope you enjoy your family and life in 2014!

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Patm
on 1/1/14 5:18 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

My goals are to stay more mindful in eating. Get rid of all the junk food in my house. Just one more celebration this weekend.

Work on my winter depression. Makes me want to hibernate and not interact with people. Hope to go away somewhere warm the end of January if I didn't over spend on Christmas!

More biking this year. Walking a lot right now with the dog while off work but do not like walking at night in the cold so let hubby do this. Should go too but not sure I can motivate myself to go out into the cold. If I do not will do stationary bike or treadmill

Finding myself a project to give me something to do in the evenings.

Diminishing Dawn
on 1/1/14 7:41 am - Windsor, Canada

I wish the powers that be would just fast forward us into Spring myself!  I could hibernate all winter. Blah and gray is

depressing!

Hope you find a good project! I need a new hobby too but I'm afraid I have the patience of a two year old  :-!

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!

Laurie C.
on 1/1/14 5:25 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

I've thought of a few goals and I think they are attainable:

I want to lose the 5 pounds I've gained and 10 more by February 20 (my birthday)

No more jelly beans or licorice, they are very bad for me

Continue walking back and forth to work and also go to the gym 3 times/week.  Treadmill, elliptical, zumba and aquafit, I eventually want to run.

Encourage my husband as he goes through his bariatric surgery Feb 21 at Humber.

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

Diminishing Dawn
on 1/1/14 7:42 am - Windsor, Canada

Funny, Laurie but I am not a jellybean person but the last year I've gone absolutely nuts for red licorice.

It's something I could always take or leave before surgery!!

Ugh I've had to cut it out though....

Dawn

NorthernStar
on 1/1/14 7:14 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

#1 - I would like to lose my last 15 lbs and get to goal. Currently wearing a size 12 and want to be an 8 (I'll also accept getting to a size 8 if the scale is not quite where I want it). I am giving myself until May 1

#2 - I will run a 10k this spring. I am going to pick my race and register for it this weekend (have to work out my schedule). Once I've picked a date, I'll map out my training plan

#3 - I would like to compete in the Warrior Dash this July. I want to really complete it, not just reach the end. I have committed to a new strength training schedule and am working very hard on my overall level of fitness.

#4 - My last fitness goal is to hold a dang plank for a full 60 seconds (from the toes). These kill me.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Diminishing Dawn
on 1/1/14 7:43 am - Windsor, Canada

Good for you Lindsey!!  Sounds like you are very ambitious with exercise! :)

Great job!

Dawn

daint45
on 1/2/14 12:40 am - Canada
RNY on 11/20/12

Wow...I didn't even set any goals for when I had surgery, so this is a first for me.

1)  Exercise 3 - 5 times per week, whether it will be walking or Zumba on wii;

2)  Get to goal weight, which is to lose 25 lbs by the first day of Summer...June 21, 2014;

3)  Be more confident & happy!

Good Luck to us all!

Cheers,

Dana

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Lolabug
on 1/2/14 1:21 am - Canada
RNY on 07/23/13

Thanks for this Dawn, my goal is to run in a 5K race this year. Maybe a 10K by the end of this year.

stephanie2011
on 1/5/14 8:35 am - toronto, Canada

HI Dawn,

I am not a resolution maker but definitely have some goals for this year. 

1) complete a 5 day pouch test - to reset things.

2) stop eating chips.  they are still my weakness.

3) Get my fitbit dongle replaced and start logging my steps again.  

4) find a 5K run to do with my coffee chat buddy Judy :) 

Yep, I like to make goals that I know I can keep.   

Referral: Aug 3, 2010       Info Session: Dec 12, 2011   
Nurse Appt: Jan 30, 2012    Diet/Nut Appt: Feb 8, 2012
Surgery Class: Jan 24, 2012
Meet Surgeon: Feb 8,2012    Start Optifast: April 24, 2012
Surgery Date: May 8, 2012