??? For TWH Vets...

Yoyo4life
on 1/16/14 2:50 am - Brampton, Canada
RNY on 01/08/14

So I am 1 week and a few days post op and I had a question for people post op from TWH...at the 1 month follow up what happens and who do you get to see...the receptionist just told me its from 1pm-4pm so  a very long time.And what did you all eat at the pureed stage,and any recipies?

Referral sent: Aug/30/2013 Orientation: September/24/2013 Nurse Appointment: September/30/2013 Social worker Appointment: October/7/2013 Psychologist Appointment:Oct/11/13 Dietician Appointment:Oct/21/13 Nutrition Class: Oct/29/2013 Surgeons Appointment: Nov/22/2013 PATTS: December/13/2013 Surgery date: January/08/2014

Onward and
Downward

on 1/16/14 2:52 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

I'm not really a "vet" yet, but I can tell you what happened at my 1 month follow up - it was a nutrition class (they had a bunch of us in one class), and then we all went and met one by one with the nurse practitioner.  But I think that was something they were experimenting with in order to deal with the backlog of people they had to get into the 1 month appointments, so I'm not sure if they're still doing it that way now.  That was last December or so.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

libra1
on 1/16/14 4:42 am - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

Same thing when I went in October, except switched.

The nutrition class was good but I wasn't impressed with the rushed 1:1 with the NP. I felt like I was part of a herd of cattle.

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/14 5:57 am

congrats - who was your surgeon?

Zizzler
on 1/16/14 7:44 am

Congratulations my orientation twin ;0)

How did your surgery go?  How are you feeling?

Wishing you a nice speedy recovery...

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Yoyo4life
on 1/17/14 5:32 am - Brampton, Canada
RNY on 01/08/14

My surgeon was dr.aarts and surgery went well she said I lost ally of weight inside don't know what that means but I'll take it...and I'm healing ok...just struggling with just eating the same things over and over everyday looking for some ideas for the liquid stage and puréed stage 

Referral sent: Aug/30/2013 Orientation: September/24/2013 Nurse Appointment: September/30/2013 Social worker Appointment: October/7/2013 Psychologist Appointment:Oct/11/13 Dietician Appointment:Oct/21/13 Nutrition Class: Oct/29/2013 Surgeons Appointment: Nov/22/2013 PATTS: December/13/2013 Surgery date: January/08/2014

Katie M.
on 1/17/14 5:39 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

On liquids I ate mostly cream soups (mushroom and chicken) a bit of cottage cheese (yuck!) and unsweetened apple sauce, yogurt and then protein shakes. On purées I ate tons of chilli, either made myself or from Tim Hortons, lots of Laughing Cow cheese and saltines, broccoli and cauliflower, and ham pate. I didn't really puree any of my food because I ate so much chilli which went down fine. The thought of pureed meats was just too off putting for me, so I stuck with some basics. I know it feels like your menu is boring and you're sick of eating the same things now, but the time really will go quickly and before you know it you'll be on soft foods. Congrats on making it to this stage!!

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

Most Active
Recent Topics