Opti weight loss

Philippa
on 3/28/14 1:56 pm - Brampton, Canada
RNY on 04/02/14

Ok..in my 3rd week of Optifast...8lb total loss.  I haven't cheated, have been drinking my water, broth and n/s jello. This sucks a little...I was hoping for more for a bit of encouragement because 3 weeks of Opti hasn't been easy.  Has anyone else experience this. My surgery is April 2.

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/14 3:17 pm

April 2nd is coming fast!!! It will be here before you know it. As for the weight loss on Optifast, everyone is different, and remember it is to shrink your liver. I lost 18 pounds on Optifast, however our clinic only allowed 1 cup of broth a day, with Optifast and water. Dont let it get you down... Keep your eyes on the big prize. I will be thinking of you on the 2nd... Good Luck my friend!!

Sunny123
on 3/28/14 8:45 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

If you've done what has been asked of you, you cannot do anymore. 

You also weigh a lot less than I did on Opti - I was 297.

Stop the comparing before it starts, it's negative engery and you deserve much more than that!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Hennagirliegirl
on 3/28/14 10:33 pm - Canada

You are doing great! hide your scale and enjoy the ride.

Terri

Test

beme_atlast
on 3/28/14 11:51 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/29/14

HI There....

No Worries....Try not to compare yourself to everyone else because we're all starting from a different place. The higher your weight the faster you may lose initially, did you already lose some weight pre-opti which means you may have already lost your 'water' weight etc...

Important....About the broth. My centre say it must be "zero" calorie broth....so not just any commercially available broth and if you are using store bought broth also check the salt content which can cause you to retain water.

April 2nd is right around the corner....Good luck on the next stage of this journey!!!!!

Jane

HW-414, Start Opti-398, PS-369.1,GW-170... SURGERY Dr.Klein-Apr 29/14!!! 

Onward and
Downward

on 3/29/14 2:15 am, edited 3/29/14 2:15 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

I lost quite a bit on Opti over three weeks, but I've seen lots of others on OH not lose very much at all on it, even though we did and ate the same things. It's different for everyone, and as you know, the point of Opti is to shrink your liver, not to lose weight.

Don't you worry - this is just the first step in a lifelong journey, and you will lose the weight after surgery, no matter how fast or slow you lose it. Good luck! Also, I had your surgeon and I've had no complications and my hospital stay at TEGH was really great. So you're in good hands. :)

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

discodiva22
on 3/29/14 7:34 am - Canada

Just wanted to tell you that I know where you're coming from. I have my surgery on April 2nd as well and after 10 days on Opti, I have only lost 6 Lbs! The past 2 days, I have stayed the same…it does feel a bit of a downer when you feel like you are starving but on the other hand, my clothes feel loose and I am sure that liver is getting well prepared for the big day. Keep up the great work! You're not alone  Best of luck with your surgery on Wednesday!!!!!

• Humber River Regional Hospital - Referral: June 9th 2013/Information Session: October 15th 2013/Sleep Clinic Cobourg: November 9th 2013/Surgeon Appt.: November 11th 2013/Social Worker and Nutritionist: November 14th 2013/ Internist: November 25th 2013/Social Worker and Nutritionist Follow up: December 18th 2013/PATTS: March 11th 2014/Surgery Date:April 2nd 2014

Philippa
on 3/29/14 11:35 am - Brampton, Canada
RNY on 04/02/14

Thanks everyone...I'm a realistic person and I get how this process works as well that we are all going through our own personal journey and out comes will be different, but I guess I was feeling a little blue hoping for a bit more loss before surgery day. I'm great and its all good. Eye on the prize right 1234godown150Thanks friend! My surgery twin (at a different hospital) discodiva22 really nice to meet you. Thanks and best of luck to you as well on Wednesday. Onward and Downward I'm really glad to hear from someone who has walked in the same halls I will be walking at TEGH and even more so that you've had the same surgeon. Thanks for the info. You are all so wonderful, I don't know what I would do without your support.

Thanks

Philippa

NorthernStar
on 3/30/14 9:58 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

Hang in there! I had a similar experience. In my first 3 days on Opti I lost about 10 lbs. Then.... nothing. I was really worried the hospital would think I hadn't been compliant. I ended up losing a few more pounds the last few days. I also did 3 weeks of Opti. Stay off the scale if it's not cooperating and keep it up!!

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

on 4/3/14 11:55 am - Canada

Ok yes I am experiencing similar.   I am on week 2 of opti and I lost 16 lbs but I think I've stopped.  I have not lost a lb in 4 days.  I agree it feels like I'm doing something wrong.  :-(

Most Active
Recent Topics