Opti Fast help awful

Silversue
on 4/3/14 3:05 am - Canada

I had two weeks of the opti diet. The first three days I thought I wouldn't make it to surgery. Damn things are not the greatest. By the end of two weeks I was looking forward to them at meal times cause it really curbed by appetite. I had two boxes of both chocolate and vanilla. I tried crystal light and gagged. I tried other concoctions and no go to those as well. What worked was mixing half a pouch of vanilla with half pouch of chocolate, added about a tsp of expresso instant coffee and ice. I could always get it down with that. I also chugged it so you can't get a whiff of the stuff. As far as the runs, I only had them the one day, but for me it was the opposite and hard to go. Keep with it, I had my surgery march 24th and since opti I am down 21 lbs today.

Tina G.
on 4/3/14 5:35 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 04/14/14

Thanks Sue, I hate the vanilla the most, but I mix with cold water in the bullet and chug. Then I fight to not throw it up. I have had the trots the first 3 days but today is day 4 and none so far, but I am fighting nausea now. I hate this stage. I am so looking forward to the surgery and am very positive but I just hate the opti.

on 4/3/14 5:31 am - Canada

I am on day 10 of my Opti and this is what I have found.  The trotts do get better.  Also the colder mine are the better I like them (the opti I mean not the trotts lol).  I like instant decaf coffee in mine it tastes like a cappuccino or cafe mocha.  My best tip is more water when mixing it.  They call for 300 mls I put closer to 400ml it tastes less cake battery.  Good luck.   My  surgery is April 22nd and im having RNY

Tina G.
on 4/3/14 5:38 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 04/14/14

Hi there, wow day 10 of being on it and your surgery isn't until the 22nd...WOW. I am on day 4 the trots are better today but now I fight nausea. I have surgery on the 14th with Klein at Humber in Toronto, where is your surgery? I wish you all the best. Sending thoughts and prayers. this is to no more trots...LOL

on 4/3/14 5:49 am - Canada

Yes I have to be on it for 4 wks.  I found the smell not very nice, one time I plugged my noes but now im ok.  I like them with more water.  I tried cocoa but I forgot we can't have caffeine so I guess thats out.  Just keep plugging through  :-)

Most Active
Recent Topics