Supplements help

TiffanyandCo
on 5/18/14 3:07 am - Canada

I'm fining it really hard to take my supplements. Right now I'm only allowed to have chewable and it is taking me forever to get them down... This morning it took me and hour to eat my multivitamins. Any sugesstions as what to do? 

ladydt
on 5/18/14 3:38 am

I havent had surgery but was wondering how you are feeling?

TiffanyandCo
on 5/18/14 3:42 am - Canada

I'm feeling 10x better now that I'm home. The hospital was not prepared to help me and my struggle with the surgery. They asked me to drink every 15 minutes but because I was in and out due to the medication I had no track of time. I asked for a clock, watch or for someone to let me know hen 15 minutes was done and no one helped me. All they did was pump me with drugs. Now that I'm home I am drink more, walking more and I feel a lot better. 

Karen M.
on 5/18/14 4:13 am - Mississauga, Canada

There are some liquid versions that you could try - ask at the pharmacy. What is making it so difficult for you? The chewables basically melt as you chew them, but you could crush them and put them in liquid.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

4-Jane
on 5/18/14 10:08 am - Canada

I was brought pain pills while in the hospital is there a reason you cannot swallow your vitamines? I liked the chewable ones better but have been able to swallow my vitamines or Tylenol right from the get go. Glad to hear your drinking, and walk as much as possible the rest will get better.......

Respectfully Jane
TiffanyandCo
on 5/18/14 10:42 am - Canada

It's hard to swallow pills because I think my throat is swollen from the surgery. I can chew the chewables but it takes a long time to swallow them. Almost an hour to chew and swallow the multivitamins as they are very big and I need to take two a day. Also I haven't been able to find a good protin powder to mix into foods. The hospital gave me a few packs so I'm good for a few days but I need to find something I can buy. So far shoppers and walmart don't have unflavoured option, any ideas? 

lalalalaura13
on 5/19/14 10:44 pm - Toronto, Canada

Bulk Barn carries both a chocolate and unflavoured protein powder - try that.  I got this past weekend IsoFlex in Peanut Butter Chocolate -and its really good. The calcium supplements - are you taking a chewable? I couldn't do the chewable calciium supplements - so I opted for the liquid calcium from Shoppers.  It's a little sweet but so much easier to get down.  Hope this helps - I'm 5 weeks out myself.

TiffanyandCo
on 5/19/14 11:38 pm - Canada

Thanks I'll look into the protien supplements. Also I do take chewable calcium pills, there mint flavoured which is ok for now :). I don't really like the liquid one it's harder to drink because I don't like the taste. We are only on chewable a for 4 weeks right? Also how was the first 2 weeks... I can't for the life of me eat cottage cheese. It's not something I like to eat. 

OneByte
on 5/20/14 6:56 am - Milton, Canada
RNY on 05/21/14
On May 20, 2014 at 5:44 AM Pacific Time, lalalalaura13 wrote:

Bulk Barn carries both a chocolate and unflavoured protein powder - try that.  I got this past weekend IsoFlex in Peanut Butter Chocolate -and its really good. The calcium supplements - are you taking a chewable? I couldn't do the chewable calciium supplements - so I opted for the liquid calcium from Shoppers.  It's a little sweet but so much easier to get down.  Hope this helps - I'm 5 weeks out myself.

Regarding the Bulk Barn Chocolate protein - read the nutrition information card (at the store). I went the other day to get some and when I read the card I saw that it had 10g of carbs. We're told to look for protein with < 5g. The unflavoured protein has 1g.

Most Active
Recent Topics