Question from a Newbie about Diarrhea and Constipation

Dreamy74
on 6/7/14 3:16 am
RNY on 02/04/15

Hello all, for those of you who have had the surgery, I am wondering how many of you suffered from constipation and diarrhea after the surgery and if so, what have you had to do to manage/overcome it? 

Karen M.
on 6/7/14 3:47 am - Mississauga, Canada

I think I was pretty lucky. Diarrhea for a couple of days post-op (I figured it was all part of the surgery experience on my gut), after that no problems.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Patm
on 6/7/14 5:14 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

definite constipation for me. Suggest you keep track you do not want to end up in trouble. Lots of people seem to use MOM but you can ask your centre what they suggest

(deactivated member)
on 6/7/14 9:36 pm

Natural Calm or MOM for me. If I don't do these I am in trouble with constipation. Having a stool to plant my feet on is good too. They sell squatty potties, but a stool helps just as much.

JJ_
on 6/8/14 7:31 am

I had diarrhea with Optifast until I was told to up the Metamucil capsules to FIVE with EACH shake.

Post-op, I had hard stools.  That happened when I added the calcium citrate pills.  I had read about others eating prunes (since they are natural), so I have had a snack of prunes each night since and no issues with my bowels.  I also ensure that I eat veggies and fruit and drink 2 litres of fluids daily (minimum).

Judy

Dreamy74
on 6/8/14 10:17 pm
RNY on 02/04/15

Hi all, thanks for your replies.  NanaLiz where do you buy the Natrual Calm from and is it a capsule or powder?

Most Active
Recent Topics