Start tomorrow:)

Cartysmom
on 6/12/14 7:32 am - Canada

Hello everyone!

Well i start my optifast tomorrow and excited for the next phase! 1 step closer.... Any recipes to make the opti taste different so i have variety would be appreciated!! Thanks

Dreamy74
on 6/12/14 7:34 am
RNY on 02/04/15

OMG Cartysmom that's amazing!!!  I jut wanted to say congratulations and I hope you like the Optifast!  xx

Kittykatt1329
on 6/14/14 8:09 am - Alfred, Canada

Well I didn't mind the chocolate,  but usually blended it with ice.. now vanilla a different thing.. I would add flavoring. I liked orange, bit I would also have day old coffee use it instead of water and add ice, not as good as ice cap, but not bad.

I also used maple flavoring.  And heard some people use one top

Of cocoa. 

Good luck

Cathy

Cartysmom
on 6/15/14 12:22 am - Canada

Hi Cathy:)

thanks for the suggestions:) i like the coffee added to both but im finding them super sweet! Did the orange flavour make it sweeter? I would like it but not sure if i can handle added sweetness. Thanks, Katherine

Kittykatt1329
on 6/15/14 1:07 am - Alfred, Canada

I didn't find it too sweet, almost like orange popsicle.  

But mostly I used added vanilla or the coffee. Few times used maple but wasn't too impressed with it... It seems to go down

Better with the crushed ice, but couldn't do that at work.

Cathy

Katie M.
on 6/14/14 9:50 pm - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Congrats! My favourite Opti variations were peppermint extract added to chocolate and coconut extract added to vanilla (although I liked that one plain) I also added a lot less water to make it more like a pudding, somehow I found it more satisfying that way. I also froze it a bit to make it like ice cream. If I closed my eyes and pretended it was ice cream, anyway ;) Good luck!

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

Cartysmom
on 6/15/14 12:18 am - Canada

Thanks Katie:)

ive tried the mint and liked it:) im sort of enjoying them both with coffee, but i find them super sweet!! Was yours imitation coconut because thats all i can find?? I may try the "icecream" suggestion! Thanks Katherine

Katie M.
on 6/15/14 1:07 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

I couldn't do them with coffee or Crystal Light, they just tasted awful but I also didn't mind them plain. I did get imitation coconut I think - just whatever was in the baking aisle :) Another option is to get the sugar free flavourings from DaVinci (you can sometimes find them at Home Outfitters, just be sure they're sugar free) but I still have two full bottles of those left over so don't invest too much if you go that route :)

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

Most Active
Recent Topics