I don't believe it

birdiegirl
on 7/5/14 8:47 am

I also saw that "Group think" video in business school showing how this contributed to the shuttle disaster....really made you think

k9ophile
on 7/5/14 9:30 am

OK, sometimes I get sucked into something posted on the main board...  How could anyone be mean?  You're CANADIANS!  Now I will back my rude USA butt out of your forum.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

Karen M.
on 7/5/14 2:18 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Oh we're mean - we're just polite about it. ;)

Join us anytime, we're LOADS of fun.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

k9ophile
on 7/5/14 2:48 pm

It looks like you're lots of fun as far as I can tell.

One of my best vacations ever was when DH and I flew into Detroit and made a circle (more or less) around Lake Erie. We stayed at a B & B that had once been a regional governor's home.  Absolute heaven. Wish I could remember what city it was in.  Our room had once been part of the ballroom.  I even took a picture of the bathroom, it was so pretty. And of course, growing up in the 60's one could not find a better radio station than CKLW.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Karen M.
on 7/5/14 4:24 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Glad you enjoyed yourself! So many beautiful places in Canada. I've been Stateside a fair amount, equally as beautiful and diverse.

Karen

k9ophile
on 7/6/14 3:46 am

My husband remembered the city was London and a quick search on Trip Advisor found it: The Idlewyld Inn. Much of the original stained glass and wood work has been maintained.  They also were very hospitable hosts. 

Karen M.
on 7/6/14 4:01 am - Mississauga, Canada

London is a lovely city - have never been to the Idlewyld Inn - will check it out on Trip Advisor, I'm always interested in a fun weekend away! It sounds beautiful.

P.S. Toronto is an awesome place to visit. I know it seems over-rated, but it's truly not. So much old architecture, so many historical sites, fabulous restaurants, exciting nightlife and music industry - we even have a castle! lol (Casa Loma)

Karen

Karen

Monica9811
on 7/5/14 10:26 pm - Peterborough, Canada

To be honest after reading her posts and her replies she does seem unstable and I think the hospital is dead on to ask her to come in for an assessment. You were not being mean just honest. Unfortunately people just want to hear what they want to hear. Constructive advice is what this forum should be all about. Some people just can't handle it. They will also struggle down the road because they didn't want to listen. I see she is taking a break from this forum so that is probably best. She needs to get some help and get her feelings in check. 

Cookies-and-Cream
on 7/6/14 7:54 am, edited 7/6/14 8:55 am

I see the pack mentality is still strong on this forum. Just like I was attacked and called ignorant, misinformed and whatever else for discussing sleeve vs RnY as a better option for ME. If one isn't mental joining this forum, they sure will be in no time. She is better off dealing with her issues on her own without being mocked here on a daily basis

cutekatie
on 7/6/14 12:00 pm
RNY on 05/16/12

No one forces anyone to be on this site. Of course there is a lot of incorrect information going around.

The issue is that people need to separate the three things that this site offers - medical advice, support, and opinion. No one should be giving and/or taking medical advice on here (even though it happens all the time.) Support is really only superficial. Making connections on here that turns into real life, face to face connections is great. Opinions are exactly that. Zizzler asked for our opinion and that's what she got.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Most Active
Recent Topics