Confused and flustered, help please

Almostthere1966
on 7/13/14 2:59 am - Canada

Good afternoon everybody

Ok I am just 2 days into soft foods bu somethings are more difficult then others . I need some advice please!

Ok my first day I tried 1 scrambled egg and that was ok also my protein drinks and youghurt and mostly liquid diet so almost met protein quota.

Next day running out of money for the month and protein drinks but not able to consume more then 2 eggs scrambled or mushed in salad with low cal dressing and a bit of Yoghurt. Time wise also not handy cause it takes nearly 2-3 hours to eat that ;little bit then have to wait and begin drinking water like a fish and turn around and it is next meal ughhhhhhhh

Just beginning day 3 and I have 2 protein shakes left so had one for breakfast with one soft egg.

Check the cupboards and see this huge can of Garbonzo beans also known as Chick peas. Anyways it is just 1/2 cup of these to make 10 protein, if I mushed them up like a potatoe  and make them really smooth like baby food could I or am I allowed to eat them? My clinic is closed until tomrrow and everybody else is not sure as all though these beans are good for you they could bet o fibrous. Help Please

Thanks

A not really hungry and terrified new be to kinda real foods Kathy

Have fun and Stay safe hope you have a great weekend

Monica9811
on 7/13/14 4:17 am - Peterborough, Canada

I'm sure if you purée or mush them up they will be fine!  Good luck. Just remember chew well. Eat slow. 

Patm
on 7/13/14 4:33 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

pureed chick peas is the basis for hummus. If you puree them they will be fine. Add a bit of garlic and oil and it will be really smooth.

TES
on 7/13/14 5:31 am - Ottawa, Canada

Absolutely!  They're actually recommended by my dietician for the pureed/soft food stage.  Just try a tiny bit at first to make sure you personally like them.  Mix them with some of your fave spices and a bit of lemon juice ... sesame oil (just a drop or two) if you have some.  

Good luck!

Almostthere1966
on 7/13/14 6:03 am - Canada

Thanks Ladies this will be my life saver. LOL I have a HUGE tin of chick peas in the cupboard and a just 1/2 a cup there seems to be about 8 protein

Oh if I used a tsp of  vegetable oil and spices then put i in my blender and refridgerate the unused portions will that be ok?

Kathy

Karen M.
on 7/13/14 6:28 am - Mississauga, Canada

Yep! You just basically made yourself some yummy hummus. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Almostthere1966
on 7/13/14 9:18 am - Canada

LOL and my family says I cant cook  :) mind you they probably wont even try it but thats ok all the more for me to delight in

Kathy

Most Active
Recent Topics