Case of the Stupids

Loaf
on 10/16/14 11:56 pm - Canada
VSG on 10/31/14

Okay.  I am day 3 of Opti.  And i am Dumb as a stump.   I have the Trots and my body aches.

Anybody have the same issues.

Oh -Ya.   Mandy just called... Chanced my surgery time to 3 PM.. That Really Sucks.  I was excited.. it was noon... now 3... FML

O well...  I think that they like to do VSG's at the end of the day.. Just hope i don't get a 'Friday' Car.....

Catw
on 10/17/14 12:01 am - Arnprior, Canada

Opti Trots are common.  Try taking some SF fiber capsels. Up to 4 per shake.  Should help with the trots.

Cathy

Jenbg
on 10/17/14 12:42 am - London, Canada

I am on day 3 as well :) (out of a 3 week run of optifast till surgery)

Today has been BY FAR the best day energy wise. I did have a issue of the trots this morning but nothing that I am not usted to already lol..

I have also had wicked migraines for 2 days that could or could not be because of the weather changes here...I take prescription meds to help with my migraines.

I am hoping and praying the lack of energy and migraines will taper off soon! I don't mind only having the shakes & water (only allowed that, and sugar free jello, low fat broth *up to 20 cals*, decaff coffee or tea with sweetener, Crystal Light or Mio in water) but making meals and watching my family eat is rather annoying *laughing*, not that I want any but the smell is sooooo good. I have told my family they are NOT allowed to announce they are hungry until AFTER I am done with surgery ;).

Jennifer Buckley-Golder * Hamilton, On CANADA * Revision Surgery Date: November 14, 2014 (stapeling to RNY) * down 50 lbs Jan 12, 2015 *

Patm
on 10/17/14 11:22 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

The trots definitely suck. After three weeks I felt pretty crappy. But at almost three years out it is now just an unpleasant memory. You are doing great so keep up the great job

Jiliana2
on 10/18/14 3:26 am - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

Here in Ottawa, they told us to take 1-5 Metamucil capsules per SHAKE while on Optifast. 

By doing this you can resolve the Optitrots as well as any possible constipation. It works both ways and that's fantastic. 

While I did Opti, I was taking 8-10 Metamucil capsules per day and that seemed to keep me regular and I totally avoided the Optitrots. 

Good luck to you. It'll all work out. 

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

Most Active
Recent Topics