HI. Noone's posting here anymore

KathyAayBeauty
on 10/19/20 9:39 am

I had rny on May 3 2002. After 9 months, I had lost 117 lbs. I was down to 145, size 8-10. Looked sallow and sunken and my hair was falling out, so I started eating ice cream and pie and fattening foods, a little at a time during the day. Gained 3-5 pounds each year, hardly noticeable except I went to 10-12 size and my face plumped up nicely. I felt fine, looked great, and kept gaining just a little each year. 18 years later, I am up to 183 and a sweet tooth, craving for bad foods, and no real resistance from the rny. It's like it never happened.

I wish I could give you advice. I need it myself. Wishing you all the best.

Kathy

ChattyCC
on 10/19/20 11:13 am - Canada

Hi fellow Ontarion,

Had my surgery August 2011 in Michigan. My highest 315, current 168. It hasn't been easy, had a ruptured RNY in 2015 which almost killed me, came through that, 2017 had a major hernia repair and a tummy tuck. I had complications, took me a couple of years to get over that. I haven't had any regain, my family doctor follows my health.

For everything I have gone through, I can honestly say I am happy with my outcome. I still have other health issues, but I deal with it. I live day by day.....

Chattycc

Lucile777
on 10/20/20 9:08 am

Whoa! What do you mean by RNY rupture? I'm glad you made it. OH man. Scary stuff.

RNY Oct. 27/17. HW 289; SW 285; GW 144; LW: 161 CW: 196 FML: Fighting regain :(

ChattyCC
on 10/22/20 6:32 am - Canada

I noticed that my surgery date is 2009, not 2011. I am not great with dates, never have been.

I had stomach ulcers that ruptured my pouch. I have to take a pill, twice a day for the rest of my life to reduce the acid in my pouch.

Before I had the rupture, I felt constantly sick to my stomach, pain, couldn't eat, and kept telling doctors about it. Not one listened. They still don't.

I go on ....with covid being here, it has gotten worse. Can't find my doctor anywhere. I guess people stopped needing medical attention.

Sorry for downer post, but there hasn't been any support from anywhere. That is why I posted. There are probably hundreds more like me, that need it also.

ChattyCC    
Lucile777
on 10/22/20 3:51 pm

I am SO sorry that you went through this. I too struggle with an ulcer. But it doesn't stop me from eating... and eating. Thanks for sharing and I hope you get healthier and better. God bless xoxo

RNY Oct. 27/17. HW 289; SW 285; GW 144; LW: 161 CW: 196 FML: Fighting regain :(

KalesD
on 10/22/20 6:49 pm
RNY on 09/30/20

Hey!

Total newbie here - I don't use Facebook so I'm apparently missing out on what's happening in those groups..

I am post op 3 weeks and down 18.6lbs. I am still on full liquid diet for another week or so.. The things I have read on this forum have been so helpful! Any tips for continued success as I move into the soft/regular phase?

thanks!

White Dove
on 11/1/20 11:29 am - Warren, OH

There is a daily menu thread on the RNY board. We have RNY, VSG, and DS people who post there. Please join us on that board. It can help you to learn, stay accountable, see what others are eating, and keep in contact with other weight loss surgery people. With the pandemic, support is more important than ever.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Leslie W.
on 12/7/20 6:21 pm - Cobourg, Canada

There are many facebook groups here in Ontario that many belong too. I haven't been on here in years as nothing new

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Dar_Tay
on 12/13/20 9:57 am - Canada

I haven't been here for a while and was surprised also that there has been no posting. Perhaps the crazy world of covid ha**** us all in many ways.

I had RNY 6 years ago. I struggle every day to make good choices. One day I'm good girl then I'm not. Such a bouncing routine. Over the past 3 years I've struggled with some very hard emotional upsets in my life, the loss of my hubby of 37 years, the loss of our doggy a year later, then the selling of our home we were in for 36 years. So much, too much.. and that is just some of the things. Like everyone, you put Covid on top of our other issues and our support of food, wrong choice food just seem to make things better :( But it doesn't and I start that awful circle of eating, binging, starving, guilt trips and just feeling awful about myself.

But I try to keep positive and hope to see better times in 2021 , with hopefully a covid free or controlled world.

Stay safe everyone, keep your family safe, your friends and loved ones safe so we can all be together next holiday season.

babble35
on 12/14/20 5:40 pm - Innisfail, Canada

Hi

I had RnY in November 2009. Originally from Ontario. Live in Alberta now.

I had a back injury from work last winter and have since put on 45 lbs. I struggle everyday with my weight again. Very frustrating.

I have tried to ask family Dr to request a revision but bariatric center in Edmonton won't even look at me. Maybe because I didn't have first surgery here. Tried contrave, intermittent fasting. At a loss now.

Good luck

BT

Most Active
Recent Topics