HI. Noone's posting here anymore

Lucile777
on 12/14/20 6:59 pm

Thankyou. Good luck to you too. heck good luck to both of us!!! Screw REGAIN!!!!ARGHHHHHHHHHH :)

RNY Oct. 27/17. HW 289; SW 285; GW 144; LW: 161 CW: 196 FML: Fighting regain :(

lexxiblue
on 12/14/20 7:23 pm, edited 12/14/20 11:24 am
RNY on 01/11/12

I had RNY January 2012, and I too have had an embarrassing regain in the last 3 years of a total of 42lbs.... first "excuse" was moving to a small town where I didn't know anyone and the fact that I lost my only sister 2 weeks after our move; second "excuse" was getting cut off EI because I took a retail job for 3 HOURS (previously was an office worker) ... and the list goes on... and of course, the latest "excuse" was covid. All excuses.. ALL my own fault! joined WW a year ago; myself, I need the accountability factor in person!! Then I got hurt and had to stop going. (perhaps another excuse but I did good at WW).

I too went to all my clinic weigh-ins faithfully, did amazing the 1st year... the pounds peeled off... and now it's time to wake up and get back on track!! Because of WLS I got healthy... wasn't just about what I saw in the mirror (which, I always saw and still do, see the fat girl).

I was one of those "faithful" OH followers. I lived on OH prior to WLS and probly the 1st year after surgery.. then it was weekly, monthly and now ... I peak in once in a while. Made some great friends - went to a few support groups - local coffee meet with Myke, went to Mississauga to have coffee with Karen and the most regular one was the Burlington group with Linda. And now since covid hit... was hoping some would do "zoom" meetings but couldn't seem to find any. Seems like facebook has taken over where OH left off (IMO).

I keep reading about regain all over the place.. doesn't make me feel any better that I'm not alone.. that it might seem "common"... and once in a while I turn to OH to see who's posting and yep, no one I recognize is here.

Makes me real sad I don't recognize anyone anymore... but I guess time marches on and f/b has taken over.

Good luck to everyone!! WLS might "fix" our bodies but it doesn't fix our minds!!

BluIzGal
on 12/28/20 6:58 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

Do you know what "groups" from Facebook that many are on?

Patricia

lexxiblue
on 12/28/20 7:26 pm
RNY on 01/11/12

Hey Patricia

Not sure were you are from... the few groups I belong to, having surgery in Hamilton, ON are: The Loser's Bench, Renew with You WLS, Bariatric Support Group, Hamilton Bariatric Surgery Support Grou. There's also Bariatric Surgery Ontario, Ontario Gastric Bypass and Bariatric Surgery.... good luck!

Lexxi

Smoka
on 2/21/23 3:43 am
RNY on 09/12/17

Hi Lexxiblue!

I remember you from this forum and from the Burlington meetings. We went out for coffee once I believe.

Sorry to hear about your weight gain. I have had a bit of that too, but mostly from too much wine during the pandemic - it just pours on the calories! Anyway, I am back on track but have gained about 10 pounds which I was told (from the Ottawa clinic - I am living just outside of Ottawa now) is pretty normal. I am ok with it but clearly, it's a lifelong journey to stay fit and healthy especially as we age - with or without the surgery. I am grateful for the surgery (2017) and still very much feel the effects especially when I eat too much. I guess I am one of the lucky ones, but as I said it's a daily struggle for sure.

I have not been on this board for years - life goes on. It was so nice to see some familiar names though. I hope all is well with you.

Barb

Referred May 2016, Orientation July 4, 2016, Pre-Nutrition Class March 31, 2017, Nurse April 10, 2017, Blood work/ECG April 13, 2017, Ultra-sound April 27, 2017, Psychologist May 30, 2017, Colonoscopy and Gastroscopy June 5, 2017, Internist June 13, 2017, Dietician June 14, 2017, 2nd Round of blood work August 2, 2017, Surgeon September 6, 2017, Surgery September 12, 2017 - St. Joe's Hamilton - No Opti

Height 5"4" HW 231 SW222 CW141

PreOp-9 lbs M1-20lbs M2-11lbs M3-13lbs M4-7lbs M5-8lbs M6-7lbs M7-5lbs M8-5lbs M9-2lbs M10-0lbs M11 - 0lbs M12 - 0lbs

Davidhr111
on 7/24/23 3:38 am

I appreciate you for getting back on the right track. Keep going.

Most Active
Recent Topics