How Many?

*Jennifer Juniper*
on 6/14/08 6:57 am - Philly Girl, PA
Calories, Carbs, Fat, Sugar per meal/snack should we be having? thank you all! Jennifer*

"If you see a man on top of a mountain, he did not fall there"
Sheryl H.
on 6/14/08 7:46 am - Abbottstown, PA
Hi Jennifer,  My doctor told me to keep the carbs below 10 per meal no more then 40 per day. Calories under 1200.  Please ask you doctor what he says.  Sheryl H.
Pam Hart
on 6/14/08 11:55 am - Easton, PA
Barix has not given us a calorie or carb count.  I plan on doing a week of calorie counting along with counting carbs, fat, protein, sugar, etc.  to discuss with my nut next month.  Now that I am almost 8 mos out - and am finding I can eat larger portions, I kind of want to see where I am and find out what they think, and where I should be. For me, it's the following: 10gm of fat or less per serving, no more than 40gm of fat per day No more than 2gm of added sugar per serving (added sugar means if the first five ingredients list anything like sugar, honey, molasses, high fructose corn syrup etc than it is probably added.  If these ingredients are lower than the top five, or not even there at all, then it's sugar from natural sources.  For example, dannon lite and fit has no sugar, just splenda, but has 7-11gm of sugar in one serving.  That's from the fruit and the milk, so it's ok) And protein - well as long as you meet your goals, they don't tell you how much you have to have per meal. Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 6/14/08 12:25 pm
Barix patients aren't given Calorie limits or Carb Limits unless there is a problem.  For me fat is no more than 11 per meal total for day should be between 28 -42,  Sugars are limited to 2 grams per meal, unless natural.  Protein should be 68 for me because I am 5'2" it gets adjusted up or down by 2 grams for each taller or shorter for women.  I don't know what the baseline is for men.  Just within the past year I managed to find out where my carbs should be to continue to lose weight and was given the guideline that it should fall in line with the fat.  I have a really hard time staying that low without going overboard on the protein.  It okay for the protein to go as much as 20 grams higher as long as the calories are under 1000.  If the calories are over 1000 then the protein should never go over 78.  Since my appetite has increased I find it difficult to keep my portions to 1/2 cup.  If I eat more than 1/2 cup the calories, carbs and protein will be too high.  It would be fine if I was maintaining, however, since I still need to lose 40-50 pounds I need to keep my portions at no more 1/2 cup and keep my calories down or my body will be maintaining instead of losing.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1776 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1869 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2552 views