Constipation

LadyJwb
on 6/16/08 8:52 am, edited 6/16/08 9:13 am - Philadelphia, PA
TMI........ I'm sorry but we are all Barix and WLS family (lol) what are we allowed to take or should I call the clinic in the A.M. It's been a week!

jdruski
on 6/16/08 9:06 am - Philadelphia, PA

Congratulations on your surgery.  Sorry you are going through the dreaded constipation.  Usually stool softners help after the first few weeks.   I would check with your surgical team to see what they recommend.

Jeanne,

PS:  All though the Barix group is terrific, we are not all from there.  I do agree though we are one family. 

LadyJwb
on 6/16/08 9:15 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Jeanne and your right were all WLS related !

ktreavis
on 6/16/08 9:33 am - PA
I use dulcolax suppositories, that is what Dr. P suggests. They work very well and quickly. You can get them at any pharmacy. Hope you feel better soon. - Katie

Progress not perfection

joldaker
on 6/16/08 9:45 am - West Bradford, PA

If it has been a week since your last BM you need to call Barix tonight. That is very very dangerous. I would try the tricks they told you about at barix and  call them tonight. Jen

Highest Wt 299.8 / Surg Wt 285 / Curr Wt 157
LadyJwb
on 6/16/08 10:15 am - Philadelphia, PA

on my discharge paper work i only have Dr. Marymour cell number and i don't want to call on his cell becuase i can't poop( lol) . Is there a nurse line that you know of? Iknoe there is one

Pam Hart
on 6/16/08 10:19 am - Easton, PA

Hospital: (267) 572-3100 After hours it brings you right to the nurses station.  You can see if they will answer your question.  And listen, this is what I tell ALL my patients in the ER.  These doctors get paid LOTS of money to answer your questions regardless of time or topic.  Better have him answer your question than needing to perform emergency surgery due to a bowel obstruction or intestinal rupture. It can't hurt to ask him which medications he reccommends. Pam

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
LadyJwb
on 6/16/08 10:23 am - Philadelphia, PA
lovin you much pam  calling know

Pam Hart
on 6/16/08 10:09 am - Easton, PA
Dr. P also suggested Dulcolax suppositories to me - and they worked like a charm!  I also use peri colace.  A week is a long time though - I would definately call them. Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 6/16/08 10:19 am
If you can deal with the initial pain and want to create some activity ... try a hot hot cup of decaf tea followed immediately by a cold cold s/f popsicle.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1773 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1869 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2552 views