Has this ever happened to anyone else??

lauraanne715
on 6/19/08 2:25 am - Pottstown, PA
Hi everyone!! Okay so since surgery I have been waking up with a very dry, dry, dry mouth.  My tongue feels like it is in the Sahara.  I am very good about getting my fluids in and I am still on full liquids stage but I do drink 64 oz of water and sometimes more with some crystal light and protein drinks...so my question is why when I wake up in the morning is my mouth the sahara desert?  It was never like this before surgery and I am wondering if this gets any better? Thanx as always!! Much luv! Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

oobiebus
on 6/19/08 3:58 am - pottstown, PA
Hey Laura,Yes i too wake up to the sahara,dont have a reason for you but just wanted to let ya know your not alone! Hugs Trish

My Angel is  Jeanne2036  

I Am Officially At Goal!Yippeeeeee

lauraanne715
on 6/19/08 5:13 am - Pottstown, PA
Trish-- Oh that is so good to know!!  Maybe we shoud start a club...The Sahara Mouth Club!  LOL   I hope it ends thoough..I never kiss my hubby in the a.m before I run and brush teeth...it just feels sooooooo yuck!! LOl Hugs

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost

oobiebus
on 6/19/08 5:18 am - pottstown, PA
I try to keep a water bottle on my bed side table and sip during the night if i am awake and ya know the dragon dryness still comes back to haunt me and the breath is enough to knock someone over,so yes i run for the toothpaste also,See its not just you,and the club is a great idea! Hugs Trish

My Angel is  Jeanne2036  

I Am Officially At Goal!Yippeeeeee

joldaker
on 6/19/08 4:45 am - West Bradford, PA

This did happen to me right after surgery and it was because I was sleeping with my mouth open on those pain meds. This did get better for me, rather quickly after stopping the pain meds, maybe a week or so. It could be from the way you are sleeping or the new meds your are on, who knows.  I cant tell you it will get better for you but I can tell you that I dont have this problem anymore. Jen

Highest Wt 299.8 / Surg Wt 285 / Curr Wt 157
lauraanne715
on 6/19/08 5:15 am - Pottstown, PA
Jen-- I haven't taken the pain meds...hubby said I usually have mouth closed when sleeping..I have no idea what it could be...it is really perplexing.  Oh well I guess I'll just hope it gets better!!!  Thanx!! Laura

Laura

Pam Hart
on 6/19/08 6:04 am - Easton, PA
Laura, I seem to remember the same thing - although I can't say for how long.  I have always had problems with my mouth in the morning though - it's due to a sinus condition for me...but it was definatley much worse after surgery. I too would keep something to drink by the bed, so when I got up at all during the night, I would be sure to continue sip sip sipping. Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1776 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1869 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2552 views