Finally feeling better

Sheryl H.
on 6/26/08 10:32 am - Abbottstown, PA
Hi Everyone.

I am finally feeling better. I went to the surgeons office today and had my 19 staples removed from my tummy. I asked him about the stabbing pain I have been having and he said that it was anchoring sutures that are pulling, and until I am healed up, that will continue. Today was the first day I haven't been on pain pills. It was time to start to come back to reallity.

I will go back to work on Monday. End of month....I couldn't have planned that any better. I will be busy but I will be able to sit and work so pain level should be tollerable.

I hope to get back to my Vitamin thread starting tomorrow. So be ready!!

Take care and thank you to all for you thoughts and prayers these last two weeks. I am much better without my hernia, and my stomach, at least under clothes looks almost like a regular persons. So that's a good thing. I also have met my $2000.00 deductible so hey no more Medical bills the rest of the year. No excuses for lab work now. LOL!

Sheryl H.
Laureen S.
on 6/26/08 12:04 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Sheryl, Glad to hear you are feeling better and the pain you've been experiencing is nothing to worry about.   Take care, Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Sheryl H.
on 6/26/08 10:35 pm - Abbottstown, PA
Thanks, Laureen.  I was really worried about this pain, but he says it should get better with time...we'll see.  Sheryl H
Pam Hart
on 6/26/08 12:17 pm - Easton, PA
Sheryl, Glad you are starting to feel better!  I hope you continue to improve over the next few days! Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Sheryl H.
on 6/26/08 10:36 pm - Abbottstown, PA
Thanks, Pam.  I made it a whole night in bed.  That was a big step.  Sleeping in a chair is Okay but  a bed is better....Sheryl H
Alice P.
on 6/26/08 1:24 pm - Bensalem
Hi Sheryl,      I am happy you are feeling better. Just curious, did your rny surgeon do the repair or did you have to go to a general surgeon.  Just keep sipping and moving. Have a good weekend. Alice
Sheryl H.
on 6/26/08 10:40 pm - Abbottstown, PA

Hi Alice,  I had my surgery done by a general surgeon.  This was urgent surgery so there wasn't really time to have Dr. Garber do it for me.  Dr Wesley Harden did my hernia repair and he really is great.  I was lucky to have him do it so quickly for me.  Have a great weekend.  Sheryl H.

dit657
on 6/26/08 9:39 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Hi Sheryl - I don't know where I've been mentally but totally missed you having the hernia surgery - we met at the pilgrimage and you were telling me how it needed to be done because you'd had it for so long. I'm glad the worst is over for you - take it easy going back to work - even with sitting all day you'll be tired because that was some major surgery you had. Hope you're feeling better soon. Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Sheryl H.
on 6/26/08 10:43 pm - Abbottstown, PA
Hi Kathy - I am feeling better, I am hoping that going back to work will be Okay.  Phisically, the Dr told me I could go back as soon as I felt I could sit in front of a computer for 8 hours.  Not sure I'm ready for that, but they need me back, and I can take it easy I don't have to rush back in.  Take care and thanks for your well wishes.  Sheryl H.
jdruski
on 6/26/08 10:51 pm, edited 6/26/08 10:51 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Sheryl, I am so glad that you are feeling better.  Looking forward to the vitamin thread. I found that the hernia surgery that I just had was more painful then the panni.  Get those labs done after surgery, in my case, my labs went wacky. Happy to see you back. Jeanne
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1789 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1884 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2564 views