"Tight" feeling

Pam Hart
on 6/26/08 5:17 am - Easton, PA
Hmmm.... So last night at work, and even before hand when I ate my breakfast, I noticed when I was done eating I felt "tight" in my abdominal area.  Not like something was stuck, not like I was gonna be sick...not even like I was over full.  Just this annoying tight pulling sensation.  I cut back my portions and ate a little bit slower - and for a meal or two it worked, but for others it didn't. I've dealt with constipation coming and going for awhile now.  I've been pretty regular lately (and was grateful for that) up until this morning....when I realized I was constipated yet again (I didn't feel it coming on this time, normally I can tell and I can head it off at the pass)  I was able to go this morning and also restarted my peri colace to help keep things moving along (hopefully by tonight) So I'm wondering...do you think that if I was "backed up" into my intestines, which are obviously shorter now...that I was feeling that tight feeling because the food had less room to move out of the pouch? I will definately keep notes of when this is happening, and certainly call Dr. P if it gets worse or even more frequent (although, darn it, next week is my vacation and I want to enjoy it and not have to worry about doctors appointments!  lol) but wondering if anyone else has had this.... Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
dit657
on 6/26/08 5:23 am - Boothwyn, PA
I take a colace every day and it really helps me stay regular. I do notice that when I eat by the time I'm done I feel like I have to go to the bathroom - almost like it goes thru the pouch and is ready to come on out. Its normally just gas, but I don't take chances. (God isn't this a great topic?!). And if I haven't gone to the bathroom yet that day I can't eat as much - I get that full feeling reqlly fast - which is a good thing right? Oh, and an update on my bright red belly button - the color has calmed down to a more natural tan color - its still darker than the surrounding skin, but at least it doesn't seem red or irritated. Weird stuff...Hope you're feeling better soon. Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
J. M.
on 6/26/08 9:14 am
hey- arent you the one who is good at offering all the advice?  LOL no advice here, but hoping it moves out and you are feeling free again

~ Jen   

J. M.
on 6/26/08 9:15 am
Pam Hart
on 6/26/08 12:25 pm - Easton, PA
hee hee....yes...the nurse couldn't figure it out herself so thought I would come here. I was quite free this evening when I woke up -the peri colace worked (and worked, and worked....) and I haven't eaten anything yet, but I will see later at work how I do. Thanks Jen Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1789 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1884 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2564 views