Wierd wow

retta0426
on 6/26/08 10:27 am - Middletown, PA
yesterday we had our employee recognition luncheon. Every Bureau had a theme that they were supposed to dress as. Our Bureau chose baseball. Not my favorite idea, but I went along with it because I'm a team player and they nominated ME as the team leader. ME, who two yrs ago wouldn't have volunteered to do ANYTHING, let alone be the leader! Anyho, as I was dressing yesterday with my brand new Philly's jersey, (no I'm not a fan, but mom bought it for me so I would look like a baseball player!) I also put on a pair of jeans, size 14 mind you! (I really never thought I would ever get smaller than a size 18)  My oldest son comes downstairs as I'm pulling my hair up in a ponytail and throwing my baseball hat on and says "Ah, mom you aren't allowed to wear THAT to work and oh by the way, you look HOT in that outfit, so go change NOW."  I laughed and explained why I was dressed the way I was and he still insisted, no way no how was HIS mother allowed to walk out of the house looking that good, because after all, the men in the office won't ever get thier work done because they would be looking at HIS mom! I hugged him and said it was fine, no worries, the men are mostly married and those that aren't, well you know the saying, are gay. So no worries. The poor boy just shook his head and begged me to go change! I did get a few comments from some of my coworkers, but we aren't going to tell my son that!!
Sheryl H.
on 6/26/08 10:39 am - Abbottstown, PA
  GOOD FOR YOU!!!  I WOULDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO, BUT SAY, " DON'T I HAVE A WONDERFUL SON!!! "  YOU DO LOOK MARVELOUS!! AND OUR FAMILY IS USUALLY THE LAST TO SEE IT!! SO WONDERFUL!!  SHERYL H.
Laureen S.
on 6/26/08 12:06 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Good for you and nice that your son wants to protect his mom! Take care, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Pam Hart
on 6/26/08 12:15 pm - Easton, PA
Awesome Loretta!!  And congrats on those size 14s - that is AWESOME!! Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
kimmiep621
on 6/26/08 2:00 pm
yay for you,   i bet it was fun.    do you work for IRS? my mom does and they had to dress up for work too, thier theme was hollywood, but she didnt go  to work

327/307/192 (-135 lbs)
consult/day of surgery/current 

Boogaloo
on 6/26/08 4:35 pm - PA
Your son is too cute - and hooray for you! Lou
dit657
on 6/26/08 9:37 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Sounds like you could have been one of those cute batgirls for the Phillies yesterday!! Good for you for looking so hot and its wonderful that your son noticed and commented about it - that's an awesome wow!! Size 14's, eh? Man, that is super - congratulations on doing so great. Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
New_Beginnings_36
on 6/26/08 11:51 pm - PA
Awww, how sweet! You have a good son :) Good for you and congrats on your wow moment!.......Stefanie

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
Shannon O.
on 6/27/08 5:43 am - Reading, PA
sweet you turned into a MILF lol...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1789 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1884 views
And DS groups in PA