Shopping and Surprises!!

dit657
on 6/26/08 10:03 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Yesterday I decided to venture into TJ Maxx - need pants desparately. Found quite a few tops but ended up only keeping one. But I did find a pair of REAL jeans - you know, the ones with zippers and buttons and NO elastic waist?? Well, I did, and they are a SIZE 22 and they fit beautifully!!! I couldn't believe it - I was wearing pull-on elastic waist jeans in size 32 for so long - I quit trying to buy regular jeans years ago. And then I tried on a pair of black dress pants and while the waist was a little snug I could get them shut and they were a size 20!! Woo-Hoo!!! Of course I picked up a pair of jean capris in a 22 and couldn't get them shut, so who knows how sizes run, but hey, I'll take the 20 and 22 pairs of pants and rejoice in the fact that I can not only shop in stores again, but I can also finally ZIP a pair of  pants shut and feel good in them!! Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
tammypa
on 6/26/08 10:29 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Kahty! A great WOW moment. I discovered zippers again not too long ago also. Enjoy!! You have worked hard and are getting the rewards. Tammy
CherylT
on 6/26/08 10:45 pm - Perkasie, PA
That is wonderful. Congratulations! You rock! :)

Pam Hart
on 6/26/08 10:54 pm - Easton, PA
Well now, aren't you one happy zipping lady!!  Who'd have thunk it - a pair of REAL jeans!!  You must feel amazing - and I KNOW you look it too!  Enjoy those jeans, you'll be shrinking out of them in no time flat! Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
EileenWalton
on 6/26/08 11:43 pm

Hey Kathy....I just had that same exact experience.  Feels great, doesn't it.  Congrats....and enjoy your shopping escapades!

Eileen

DebiMcK23
on 6/27/08 12:11 am - Aston, PA
Way to do Kathy, You are doing so well.  Pretty soon, we will be shopping in the Misses section together! I just bought a skirt from Lane Bryant in a size 14.  I can't believe soon I won't be able to shop there anymore.

303/197/153

dit657
on 6/27/08 12:12 am - Boothwyn, PA
I just threw a big chunk of money onto my Woman Within credit account since I don't plan on having to shop from that catalog anymore, and it feels wonderful!!!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Pam Hart
on 6/27/08 1:44 am - Easton, PA
Yup yup - in fact if you are in a size 14 from LB you don't need to be shopping there anymore period!  Way to go! Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
New_Beginnings_36
on 6/27/08 12:13 am - PA
That's great Kathy!! Zippers...Hmmm, almost forgot they existed...LOL  Congrats, I am so happy for you :)...........Stefanie

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
Patricia R.
on 6/27/08 11:53 am - Perry, MI
Ain't it a great feeling?  I remember the first time I bought a pair of size 22 jeans after my surgery.  I called my mom from the try-on room at Kohl's.  I was jumping up and down with excitement.   Keep up the good work. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1789 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1884 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2564 views