enema?????

ktreavis
on 6/29/08 5:39 am - PA
I haven't had a BM in 8 days now, I have tried peri colace and just had a dulcolax suppository, if this doesn't work does anyone know if I can use an enema? I am trying to avoid the ER, but I am so backed up right now that I can't even eat. Please help!!!! Katie

Progress not perfection

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 6/29/08 8:23 am

Have you tried having a steaming cup of decaf tea followed immediately by a s/f or nsa popsicle?

If that doesn't work, try having a nsa swiss miss cocoa with decaf coffee for the liquid.  That worked for me within 2 hours.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Pam Hart
on 6/29/08 12:19 pm - Easton, PA
Katie, Try Nans suggestion as well.  Increase your fluid intake as much as you possibly can. How much peri colace did you take?  You can take 2-4 caps a day.  I take four at night when I'm backed up.  You can do this a few days in a row. I can tell you this much from an ER stand point - we don't generally do much - but give scripts for things like mag citrate (or at least my ER doesn't do much) and xrays to ensure you don't have an obstruction.  And you'd have to check with Dr. P (I think that's who you had, right) to make sure the scripts are safe. I would call the surgeon and ask their suggestions as well. Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
ktreavis
on 6/29/08 8:19 pm - PA
Thanks guys, the suppository worked and I am feeling much better now. I appreciate your input. - Katie

Progress not perfection

mrsbrunell
on 6/30/08 8:30 am - Bensalem, PA
I know this sounds a little crazy but...

Our daughter used to have constant problems with constipation when she was a baby. One of the nurses at the hospital recommended we add baking soda to the bath water and let her soak in it because it causes everything to relax so she would produce. So when things were delayed, we sprinkled baking soda all over the tub from front to back and soaked her in it. We usually had to go fishing before bath time was over. LOL!

Good luck in the future!

--Tara

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1789 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1885 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2565 views