ZIPPPPPPPPP

dit657
on 7/2/08 11:02 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Shhhh - wait - did you hear that??? It was the sound of a zipper - on a pair of jeans I'm wearing!! OK, granted to some of you this isn't a huge deal, but since this arse of mine hasn't seen a zipper or buttons on pants in 10+ years it is a major event for me today! Of course my waist is screaming 'where the h*ll is my elastic waist' and heaven knows this body hasn't seen anything that didn't have lycra, double-knit or some kind of stretch fabric on it in ages but its going to have to learn to adjust to the new me and non-stretchy fabrics, zippers, buttons and snaps!! Just thought I'd share that little wow moment with my friends....Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Laureen S.
on 7/2/08 11:19 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Yay Kathy,  I do know how you feel, though I did not wear exclusively elastic waisted pants, I know how it feels to fit into something you only dreamed of being able to do. . .  I recently posted that I wore my very first pair of shorts in my adult lifetime last weekend, it was incredible, not only that I was wearing them, but that I was comfortable in them and not self-conscious, so yes, girlfriend, this is only the beginning of wearing so many things that you once dreamed of, but more than likely felt as though it would never be more than a dream. . . Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Pam Hart
on 7/2/08 11:28 pm - Easton, PA
I did I did hear it!!  Whoo hoo!!!  Good for you!  And yup - your waist will have to learn to live with it!  Awesome moment Kathy! Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
CherylT
on 7/2/08 11:38 pm - Perkasie, PA
I heard it too! Woohoo! Congrats! Good for you! :)

New_Beginnings_36
on 7/3/08 12:53 am - PA
That's AWESOME Kathy!! I know exactly how you feel too! Can't wait to hear my own zip. LOL Have a great holiday weekend :)......Stefanie

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
DianeMarie
on 7/3/08 1:16 am - Delmont, PA

Congrats MS ZIPPY!  I think no matter how much weight I lose I will still prefer to wear stretchy pants and an elastic waist.  They are so comfortable.  I am noticing that as I lose the weight it is nicer to put on a pair with a zipper and not have to lay down on the bed and suck my gutt in and pull up the zipper....snort.

I do hope they still make the stretchy pants in small sizes after my surgery.  I'd miss em!

I do look forward to losing more of my back boobs and not fighting to get a bra on.

Please take some pics and show us your new buttoned, zipped and snapped look!  I'm so proud of you!

Diane

Smileycons!

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
dit657
on 7/3/08 1:21 am - Boothwyn, PA
Thanks Diane!! At the PA Pilgrimage Dr Brader spoke on Friday night and one of the biggest things he said that stuck with me was 'GET RID OF ALL OF YOUR STRETCHY, ELASTIC WAIST PANTS'! I know that's what got me into this mess in the first place - way too complacent and way too comfortable. I know I'll always have some stretchy items in my wardrobe but its nice to not HAVE to wear them for a change!! Kathy

DianeMarie
on 7/3/08 1:39 am - Delmont, PA

I can see the reasoning behind getting rid of that type of clothing but it sure will be hard.  You get into that mentality that you will always need big clothes.  I went out with my daughter a few weeks ago and I bought some shirts.  They were all 3X and she asked me what size I really wear.  I told her I could fit into 1x and sometimes larges but I prefered the 3X.  It's like my saftey net.  I'm so afraid of people seeing my flabby fat arms or my back boobs or my belly that sometimes looks like I'm preggers....LOL

I'll probably need a class after surgery called "Learning To Dress Yourself 101".

Diane

Smileycons!

dit657
on 7/3/08 1:51 am - Boothwyn, PA
I told my one girlfriend that she has to go shopping with me once I finally reach goal because I don't know how to shop or what to wear other than stretchy pants and big tops! But I'm getting better - I'm in a 2X now (as opposed to a 4X) top and starting to feel comfortable in them, but its still weird when I go to put them on and they look so 'small' - and yes, they all still stretch! I have found that when I wear things that fit me better I get lots more compliments than when I wear loose and baggy. I have major batwings and I know my legs aren't pretty, but I feel so much better that I don't think about it too much. I never did hear back from 'What Not To Wear' but I'm sure they're inundated with requests, so maybe they'll pick us somewhere along the way - that would be wonderful!! Kathy

DianeMarie
on 7/3/08 1:58 am - Delmont, PA

The only thing nice on me at this point is my legs.  They have always been kinda thin and they are muscular from all the cramps I get .....well that and the walking I do.  I went to the mall last night with my daughter and I actually wore shorts.  Deidre was amazed because I hide my body so much.  I wonder if I'll ever be comfortable enough to show off my body.

Diane

Smileycons!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1800 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1893 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2572 views