Something to think about

Laureen S.
on 7/3/08 6:58 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
In keeping with the theme of today, this daily reading I get delivered by e-mail is one I thought I'd share, have a safe and happy 4th and celebrate your many freedoms! Celebrate your freedom Today in the United States; we celebrate our nation's independence. Why not take a moment to celebrate your independence as well? Whether you've found freedom from an addiction or from codependency, or you've discovered the freedom to live your life as fully as possible, take a moment to honor and acknowledge how much that freedom means to you. It's good to identify our problems. Through the awareness of what's wrong and what's broken, we learn what to repair and fix. It's good to focus on the health and the goodness in our lives, too. Becoming aware of what's right and what's working is how we discover joy. Look back along the winding road of the path of your life. See how far you've come? It looks good to me. How does it look to you? Hurray! We're finally free! God, thank You for setting me free.

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Patricia R.
on 7/3/08 9:58 pm - Perry, MI
Great insights to think about today.  I have been set free from a lot of old behaviors, not just eating and the consequential weight. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Pam Hart
on 7/4/08 11:58 pm - Easton, PA
Thanks Laureen! Pam PS:  You looked absolutely fabulous yesterday at the race!!  I'm so used to seeing you in your "work" clothes at the Barix meetings - the t shirt thing was a change of that - looking great! Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Arlene E.
on 7/5/08 12:38 am - Philadelphia, PA
Laureen Great insights. And yes, I celebrate my freedom from the burden of carrying around 110 extra pounds. As I continue along this path I am trying to stay focused on what I need to do to stay free. I am learning that being me is OK - better than OK. I am learning to identify what is good for me and what is not so good. I am learning that being honest about my feelings and problems is what I need so that I can stay healthy. I am learning that this path to recovery is filled with ups and downs but the key is to not let the downs take over. I am learning to let go of those in my life who I thought were friends but really are not or are not what they appear to be on the outside. I am learning to let new people in my life who are "real" and whom I can be open and honest with. Yes, on this weekend of Freedom I have much to celebrate. Arlene
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1800 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1893 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2572 views