PS Consult

lynnc99
on 3/30/11 11:09 am
Well, I did it today. Went up to Harrisburg area for a consult with a plastic surgeon.

I talked to 2 docs about 2 procedures.

One - you guessed it - a tummy tuck. And two - a little work on the neck and lower jawline.

I think I can afford this in the next year or so, but am VERY VERY interested in what some of your experiences have been with plastics.

Recovery time?
Scarring?
Pain level?
Words of wisdom?

And finally - how do you feel about how you look now? I can't quite imagine getting to a place where I might actually look pretty.
Nicole0216
on 3/30/11 7:45 pm - Lancaster, PA
Lynn this is a loaded subject for many.  I have had a tummy tuck and breast lift.

I would do it again, but I think that I would do it differently.

I was not at my goal weight when I had my TT and I am convinced that is a PART of not all of the reason my recovery was so rough. I had alot of pain, swelling for 8 months, and I am not entirely happy with the results. It of course is better than what it was, but there are some weird things like fatty type handles on my hips lol ( dont know how to describe it)  I cannot feel my stomach i have no sensation on it in places and that is weird. Also when they do they tuck etc they pull everything up which can kind of look weird if you know what I mean??? 

The breast lift was easy, but again I have no sensation anymore which makes me very sad. They look good but they are quite functional if you know mean abou that too? 

I would not have done the breast and tummy at the same time again because I think having those two caused alot of the swelling in my stomach because of the lymph drainage being poor between my breast and stomach and trunk area.

All that being said the results were not perfect but they do look better than they did before.  A TT Can be really hard to recover from for some people, and I dont think i was prepared for how rough it would be.

Good luck on your journey
jojobear98
on 3/31/11 2:33 am - Gettysburg, PA
Lynn, My TT wasn't too bad of a recovery. In fact, I expected worse. I was out of comission for about 10 days or so. But then slowly began feeling more human. Swelling lasted quite awhile. The binding I wore helped with that alot. I do recommend getting in done in cooler weather time. I can't imagine having to wear the binding during the summer months.

I am 90% happy with my TT.

Scarring pretty much looks the same as my sister c-section scar.

have a GREAT recliner to sleep in. Because laying flat is out. Crawling in and out of bed is impossible.

Pain is pretty bad the first few days, but the paon meds, and following restrictions can help speed that along.

I love that I had he TT done. I had so much floppy skin on my abdomen that I truly would get upset about it. I would freak out if Johnny or kids even accidentally bumped into or touched my belly because I was so self concious of it.

Now, I just want the boobies done. LOL

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1781 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1874 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2557 views