Recipe: Turkey Breast - Balsamic/Blackberry Glaze

kgoeller
on 4/25/11 2:41 am - Doylestown, PA
Made one of the best turkey breasts I've EVER made yesterday and wanted to share the recipe with you fine folks.  Very easy, very moist and truly delish...

Turkey breast (I use 2 split breasts instead of a whole breast because it cuts the cooking time in half)
8 cloves garlic, peeled
Wegmans basting oil (about 1/4 cup)
3/4 C. Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 C. Sugar Free seedless blackberry jam
2 Tbsp minced ginger (the fresh kind in a tube)... if using freshly grated, use half this amount

Preheat oven to 450.

Place turkey breasts, meat side up, in roasting pan.  Stuff 4 garlic cloves under the skin of each breast, then coat the breast with half of the basting oil.  Put in the oven on a center rack.

After 15 minutes, reduce heat to 350 and continue cooking, about 20 minutes per pound of the LARGEST of the breasts.  (do not combine the weight of the breasts to calculate cooking time.)

Meanwhile, combine the balsamic, ginger, and jam in a small saucepan over medium heat.  Wis****il the jam is completely dissolved and the ginger dissipated throughout the sauce.  Reduce heat to medium low and continue cooking, wisking frequently, until sauce is slightly thickened.

About 1.25 hours prior to the end of the cooking time, baste the breasts with the balsamic sauce.  Repeat every 20 - 30 minutes until the breasts are done.  

Remove the breasts from the oven when the temperature is 175 degrees, and allow to sit for at least 10 minutes (distributes the juices and finishes the cooking). 

Slice and drizzle lightly with any remaining glaze.
Dee2011
on 4/25/11 3:10 am - PA
This sounds absolutely delish.  I'll have to try it, except that I don't have a Wegmans near me.  I wonder if there is another basting oil I can buy.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1776 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1869 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2552 views