Manic Monday Roll Call

Patricia R.
on 5/8/11 8:28 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning PA,
I am still in Michigan, and today will be babysitting my Munchkins, so it will definitely be manic.  Lincoln is still sick with the bug, and clingy to his parents.  We will take a walk, and play a lot.

Nothing else is going on.  I leave for Pittsburgh on Wednesday.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Nicole0216
on 5/8/11 8:30 pm - Lancaster, PA
Posted roll call at the same time as you I guess LOL 

Will just copy it here

Man oh man what a crazy weekend. I would like to thank those of you who came to my rescue and talked me through some pretty painful and frustrating things this weekend.  Did well with my abstinence all week, then Friday hit and I started to get agitated. It is Friday time to celebrate let your hair down so to speak....uh ok so how do I do that without indulging in some comfort food??? Then Saturday arguing with jason ( he was in a bad place as well) dont know how to deal with that and cant eat over it so why not have a ****tail??  Ugh this whole feeling feelings, and being vulnerable sucks. So I made it 6 days before I sucumb. But I am now back, and learned a huge lesson. I need to call people when I am in trouble. I cannot remember the last time I actually called anyone when I was in a bad way and needed support. I realized how little I actually use the phone at all.  Anyway thanks for all the support via email and facebook.

Went to OA last night and a woman said something I loved.  Drug Addicts and Alcoholics can walk away from the Dragons Den never to return. " I have to go pet that damn dragon three times away without getting my arm bitten off!"  I LOVED THAT! it is exactly how I feel. 

Hope you have a good Monday I know my day is better for sure.
jastypes
on 5/9/11 12:20 am - Croydon, PA
Good morning all my PA buddies.  Oh, boy, Nicole, do I hear ya, and I have the nerve to pet the dragon SIX times every day.  I learned some lessons this weekend too.  I had to put tacos on my abstinence list when I found myself actually hiding one under my shirt to take to my bedroom to eat in private.  WTF?  Some of us are sicker than others, I guess.  It's all a learning process for me. 

And when I asked myself, "What am I eating?" this weekend it was insecurity and guilt.  Mother's Day is a wonderful celebration of motherhood, but it also brings up stuff for me like all the mistakes I made in parenting my children, and how I wish I had done so many things differently, and how much I was not the mother I had planned to be when I started having children in the 1980's. 

Like an extra taco is gonna fix all that mothering.  And, like you, I almost NEVER pick up my telephone.  I swear that thing weighs 700 pounds!  I wish I could learn to reach out to others before I eat something off plan. 

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Lisa H.
on 5/8/11 9:23 pm - Whitehall, PA
Morning Trish.. enjoy your munchkins...

I'm up and sitting at the work desk.. I really must be tired because I still haven't changed the channel on my TV and Spongebob is screaming in my face.. ugh... where's the damn remote?

Anyway, had a fun Saturday night which turned into a very lazy Sunday.  

I have not done any formal exercise since Thursday and my eating has been really crappy.  What the heck?! I feel out of control and need to get back on track.  

This morning, I have had a CLICK shake and have LOGGED IT.  I guess I have to take 1 hour at a time.  Last night I binged on mini rice cake thingys and felt like crap when I was done into this morning.   Going to try for shakes for breakfast and lunch and a good dinner before the GYM.  

Work today, have to get to bank and get gas.  After work, Siehara has PT and then we will head to the gym for Zumba and Boot Camp.  

I HAVE TO GET BACK ON TRACK AND I WILL!!!!!!!!

My tracker

hers 

steffihope
on 5/8/11 11:08 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Trish and all of PA and NJ.  Glad you are enjoying your time with the kiddies!

I had a ****ty weekend - with Larry, life and most definitely food.  It was Em's birthday and in lieu of eating a nice healthy breakfast before her party with pizza, Larry chose THAT two hours to fight and fight with me!  So, needless to say -  I ate pizza.....I did then play two rounds of laser tag with the kids - THAT was fun and full of energy - so there was that - I did NOT eat cake - because thankfully I am still completely and utterly afriad of processed sugar.  We then had the JOY, read with an eye roll please, to HAVE to drive to the damned shore to have a stupid family reunion with Larry's family, the majority of whom I do like, but it was my daughter's birthday for god's sake and my selfish MIL decided that THAT was the best day to do this!  So, I DRANK AND DRANK AND DRANK - with my SIL, but still, not one of my better food weekends.  And poor Emily, was bored - really?  What 9 year old wants to be stuck at her grandparents house with cousins who are all "old" and not be able to play with her new presents?!?!  And then.....to top it off, my stupid MIL, bought for Emily an adorable bracelet for her birthday - I look at it - it is eggs, yes eggs, does this ring a bell to anyone - what just passed - yep - you guessed it - the bracelet said EASTER.  Seriously?!?!?!?!?!?!!  She couldn't get her something that was NOT on sale?!?!  My husband is NONE to pleased - fortunately, Emily does NOT know the difference.  I just can't believe the gall of that woman.  And before you ask - yes, she is Jewish.  She is just stupid and cheap.  OK, enough of that rant - Mother's day sucked as ususal - And until someone figures out a way to bring my mom back - I will just have to get through as best I can.  Larry does try - but I am not real receptive.  My kids were sweet and let me have my meloncholia and get it - Larry does not.  Whatever, it has been the same for the last 4 years.  

So - today is going to be a better day.  I am loving the weather - I am at school, going to throw myself into statistics and geometry.  I need to call Molly's psychiatrist - I am thinking I am showing signs of Adult on-set ADD, I spoke with my SIL and Larry's Aunt who are both in the psychotherapy field, told them my symptoms and sperately they both think that I have classic signs.  So we shall see what THAT holds for my future.  After school we are going to try to get Emily a new bike, she is so little, that at Target, Wal-Mart and Toys R Us, they were too big.  Going to try a bike shop in the area.  If all else fails, she does have a bike to ride, according to her, "It is too little girlish"  and it is - but she is so tiny....so we shall see.  Then tonight my financial planner is coming over so that I can see how REALLY effed up we are financially....YAY!  Can NOT wait!

Hope your Monday is ok!
Nicole0216
on 5/9/11 6:29 am - Lancaster, PA
sounds like your day was close to mine
(deactivated member)
on 5/8/11 11:27 pm
Good Morning Sunshines!

Trish enjoy your time with the little ones! 

Nic, glad I could be there for  you if even just a little bit. Love you girl! 

Steffi big hugs and trust me I understand the day. 12th one for me and doesn't get easier one thing that is a little different for you is you have your own children so let them celebrate you as you think of your own Mom.

In work after a long crazy weekend yesterday was up at 5:30 am to make our way to the Parkway to do the Breast Cancer walk. Den's Mom is a survivior and so is Kim Burke's Mom we walk for them. Got to see Sandra amoung all of the thousands of people was nice to see her. Then once the walk was done we went a buffet breakfast then I came home with Den and took a long nap.
Like Steffi the day is not an easy one for me I just miss my Mom so much and wish she could see all the amazing good changes that have happen for me the last few years. Finally I am happy! 

Den made a really nice dinner of seasoned pork chops then he packed my lunch what a good man he is. I ran to the market then we settled in to watch the Amazing Race then went to bed yet could not fall asleep so I laid there watching television till around 2 this morning. I need to take Scoot to the mechanic at some point hoping to run out at lunch then drop him off grab my Aunt's car till after work then head back to work. Unless she has plans then I need a new plan since he sounds awful when you apply the breaks.

No idea what is for dinner or on the agenda think an early night in bed. I also need to make a few phone calls for DJing then a doctors appointment. Working on getting it back together saw Dr. Marymor on Friday so that was step one in the process.

Life if is Good.
Sara E.
on 5/9/11 1:00 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Working today until 4:30, then making dinner,then who knows?  I may take the motorcycle out for a  spin.  It was too cold this morning to ride it to work. 
I had a nice Mother's Day.  My husband went to visit his family alone.  Their day revolved around going to a huge buffet for a ling afternoon dinner...I did not go for obvious reasons.  Caleb made me breakfast, we went to see Thor at the movies, went out for a late lunch.  We later went for a bicycle ride thenhad dinner in the living room while we watched the Towering Inferno on On Demand.  Friday night when I got hoem from helping a friend, caleb gave me a dozen red roses.  One for each yer I have been his Mom...how sweet.  On Sunday he gave me a card he made with a poem in it and a pretty bracelet from Kohls.  A day with my kid having fun...it was a good day.
Later...
Sara

dit657
on 5/9/11 1:34 am - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all. We had a lovely Sunday. We met a friend at Xhickie & Petes in south Philly then headed over to the hotel to check then walked to the ballpark for the phillies game. Sadly they lost and we headed back to the hotel. Stoppe at the Penrose diner for breakfast then came home. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
bvohl
on 5/9/11 2:47 am
Good Afternoon Trish and PA!

I am posting this afternoon because we are STILL testing this week!! YUCK! This week I am in with fourth grade which is usually one of my favorite grade levels, but this group is difficult to say the least!! I even had to use my projected teacher voice when they were getting too loud after they were done with the tests for the day. Boy, did I shock them!!

Well, Mother's Day was nice for the most part. Hubby and Dee took me out for breakfast, then we went to see my folks. My Dad was SO happy to see us, especially Dee. He LOVES her SO MUCH!! He just kvells everytime he sees her! My Mom however slept the WHOLE time!! Even though she is still alive, in many ways I feel that she is already gone! Been gone for awhile now....Her body is there but her mind and spirit are gone.OMG!! I am balling right now!! She has alzheimer's and parkinsons. I miss being able to ask her questions and get advice. Why do I have to be the grown up??? Oh, yeah, I AM the grown up!?! Seeing her decline in the past decade is definitely one of the reasons I ate and continue to eat. This is a woman who was a powerhouse. She cooked, cleaned, ran, did, FOR EVERYONE!! She was also an AMAZING baker! Now to see her as she is, just is too hard for me to swallow. Sorry I am babbling, but that was the one downer of the day and it seems to be sticking with me today. BLECH!!

Spoke to some family and friends to wish them a Happy Mother's Day, then just relaxed, took a nap then got stuff ready for the week and bed.

Today is wor****il 3:45 since I heard that we are having a meeting after school.
Stopping to get gas then home. I did something to my right thumb and it is killing me!!
Have a great day!
Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1781 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1874 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2557 views