Thrilling Thursday Roll Call

Nicole0216
on 5/26/11 12:38 am - Lancaster, PA
Proud of you
Lisa H.
on 5/26/11 3:05 am - Whitehall, PA
Your sofa bed is pretty comfortable, yes.. I've been on really bad ones.    I know Siehara and I slept well.

My tracker

hers 

bvohl
on 5/25/11 11:53 pm
Good Morning Liz and PA!

Liz- I hope things at work are better today! ((HUGS))

Today is Thursday!! One MORE day til the long weekend!!! YIPPEE! My weekend is sooooo jam packed with stuff to do that I know it will go by way too quickly! But they always do!!!!

Wor****il 3:30, then home, pick up Dee early so  she can eat dinner and do her reading then off to brownie meeting. Then home afterwards and bed.... BORING, I know!!

Have a great day!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Laureen S.
on 5/26/11 12:11 am, edited 5/26/11 12:13 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Morning Liz,

Hope the job stuff is not a bad thing for you. . . 11 hour days, oh yes, very yuk . . . I just got done with doing those and have no intention of doing them again unless necessary.

Last night I had the pleasure of spending time with Tony, we had dinner at Bahama Breeze, which gives me enough food to have 2 meals because he likes appetizers and my limitations keep me in check, but the good part is the leftovers. . . then Roxie had company in the form of one of my neighbors, who I met last year when I took Roxie to the dog park and found out she lived in the same neighborhood, will my backyard is about as big as the dog park and so I suggested we could have our own whenever she wanted, well last week she came over and then last night Tony got to see Maggie and Roxie at play. After Tony left, I got my gym bag ready and went to bed where I watched Oprah's last shows, I can't wait to see what she does next, well she is already doing it, but she truly is an inspirational person and her message last night was what her show has been telling us for years, ultimately we are responsible for our own life and being the best possible human being possible and that it is the choices we make that give us the ability to have whatever success we set out for and can redirected by our actions. Anyway, one less show to DVR. . .

Well today has me at work, after work, meeting with my friend Owen for Sushi and then to our AA homegroup. Funny thing, got up went to the gym, left carrying computer, work bag, gym bag and forgot my pocketbook, so no money, driver's license or keys to the office, had to wait for the doors to open which they do at 8 a.m. since I am the first one in. . . but I did work out today!!!

Prayers to all those people suffering as a result of the terrible storms and wishing peace and strength to anyone facing life challenges.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Sara E.
on 5/26/11 12:45 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Good morning all!
Today I wor****il 4;30 then I am going shopping for summer clothes.  I have 1 pr of shorts and 3 shirts (none really nice).  That is it for my summer wardrobe...so it is off to Ross.  I have a great fall/winter/early spring closet now, but the heat is coming and I got nothing, nada, zilch.  I would like to have a couple prs capris/shorts and 1/2 dozen shirts.  I went to Old Navy (almost an hr away) on Mon. and got the shorts...love them.  I hope to have better shopping luck tonight.
Sara

dit657
on 5/26/11 1:13 am - Boothwyn, PA
Morning all - getting a late start today. Back at work after my road trip to Connecticut for some job training. It was nice seeing some of the other girls from other offices, but the training yesterday was mind-numbing. Long trip home - accident right at the crest of the Tappenzee Bridge so that had everything backed up, especially since we were hitting it right at rush hour. Ugh.

Anyway, back at work - will be a short day since I came in late this morning. Nothing much on my agenda right now other than trying ot catch up.

Oh, got an update on my brother. The scraping they got for the biopsy was inconclusive, so he has opted not to have the needle biopsy - for several reasons - and instead go with the doctor cutting into him to get a piece of tissue to biopsy. Barry asked why they couldn't just cut it out since they'll be in there but the tumor/tissue is just like my mom's was - against his pulminary artery - so there's no good way to cut it out. But, the good news is that it is relatively small at this point - they feel that since it is pressing on his vocal cords and causing the hoarseness that it was a good warning system that something is going in in there. If it is malginant, which they're pretty certain it is, the doctor seems confident that it can be taken care of with chemo and radiation.

Well, I can see my mailbox getting filled up with work from our finance manager, so I better get going.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Lisa H.
on 5/26/11 3:23 am - Whitehall, PA
 Afternoon all.. I'm here.. 

Had internet issues this morning, but was finally able to log on around 11.  That, of course means that work time was affected.  They give us 2 hours of leeway for issues.  Anything after that and we either have to go in the office or use it as PTO.  I used 2.75 hrs of PTO.  I was NOT trying to go into the office.  

Today I will work til about 2:40.  Siehara has her physical tonight.  We have to be sure to get her camp forms filled out and see about prescriptions from them for her eye drops for camp.  The allergist wrote the Rx but I think the primary will at least put it on the form for us.  We'll see.  I also want to see what they think about her going to the GYN instead of an Endocrinologist for her female issues.  She still has not gotten her period and she should have had it about 10 days ago.  I did nervously ask her about any contact with boys and she says no.  I'm hoping it's just b/c she's 12 and is not quite regular yet.  

From the dr we will head home for dinner (leftover cheeseburger pie from last night---yummy) and then over to the gym.  Tonight is Body Pump and Pilates! 

Home to relax from there. 

My tracker

hers 

jastypes
on 5/26/11 4:30 am - Croydon, PA
Not so thrilling here today.  I want to eat in the worst way.  I want sweets and snacks and breads and lots of them!   We had to put our family pet to sleep today.  I took our cat, Blink, to the vet and there was nothing they could do for her other than put her down.  She was 11 years old, and we've had her since she was a newborn kitten.  She was with our family through 3 moves and my divorce.   I'm at work and I don't have time to FEEL.  I want to cry, but can't because it's not the right place or time.  So I want to stuff my feelings with food.    And I'll tell you, the only thing keeping me from doing that is the fact that I believe it will be harder to stop again if I start -- like drinking.  I will not pick up a drink because it's just too damn hard to quit.   Thanks for letting me vent.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1781 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1874 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2557 views