Fantabulous Friday Roll Call!

Liz R.
on 5/26/11 8:42 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning All!

It's FRDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And even better that it's the start of a 3 day weekend for me! :) Working until 2:30 today, going for my iron infusion then home to pack for Mia and I to go to see my Grandfather and some family for the weekend.

Remember to be mindful of what you put in your mouth, drink your water and wear your sunblock!
Sara E.
on 5/26/11 8:53 pm - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
TGIF!
It has been a long week and I too am glad it will be over soon.  I also have a 3 day weekend, however Caleb & I will be working the scout's food booth at Memorial Day in Boalsburg.  If you go, stop by & introduce yourself!  It is the birthplace of Memorial Day and they have an Arts & Crafts fair with civil war reenactors and all sorts of activities,  Oh yeah, and on Sat there is a parade the scouts march in too. 
Sara

dit657
on 5/26/11 9:46 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning! It's beautiful out there and I don't know how your commute was Liz, but mine was awesome!! Roads were relatively empty this morning - guess a whole lot of people are taking a 4 day weekend (including my husband). But it will be a quiet day here in the office and hopefully we'll leave early.

No big plans for our weekend - Sunday we're going to a friends out in Yardley for a cook-out - I'm in charge of desserts which works for me because then I'm guaranteed a sugar-free something to satisfy my sweet tooth! Might be getting my nails done tomorrow - do some shopping - one goal is to get downstairs and start taking pics of furniture I need to get rid of, sorting through some boxes of stuff, etc. I might get some more flowers to put outside - feeling much better this spring/summer than I did last year, and want more color around the house.

and that's it for me, folks - Happy Memorial Day - put your flags out if you have them. Enjoy the holiday!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Liz R.
on 5/26/11 9:57 pm - Easton, PA
commute was great! I made it in much more quickly! I hope that the way home is as easy :)
lynnc99
on 5/26/11 10:13 pm
First of all, I owe a HUGE debt of gratitude to all of you who offered support and input on the topic of depression. I did see my primary care doc yesterday and got a low dose antidepressant. He will monitor me every 2 weeks and also suggested that I check mental health coverage through my insurance for some added support.

Posting and reading your helpful words really helped me to put it all into words. By the time of the doctor's appointment, I had made a list of things that were bothering me and was able to express myself much better and without bursting into tears over it all.

Hopefully Mike will be able to get home on the early side today. We have to get the house ready for carpet cleaning early in the morning.

How did everyone fare in the storms? The sky turned black very quickly here, and we did have some rain and lightening....but nowhere near the problems that others had up around Harrisburg and in the Poconos.
bvohl
on 5/26/11 11:23 pm
Lynn,

That is what we are here for!! Support, friendship and love!!

Call me if you need to talk, although this weekend it is going to be hard to reach me as I will be here, there and everywhere!!

Have a GREAT weekend!

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Lisa H.
on 5/26/11 10:23 pm - Whitehall, PA
 TGIF FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!!

Working til 3:30 per the usual.. I really need a haircut and think that I need to finally spend the money and do it after work.  It shouldn't cost too much since it's just a cut.  I handled the color myself out of a box.  

Tonight, we are going to have dinner and hang out with the Caines.  We have not been spending too much time with them lately and I definitely miss that time.

Tomorrow morning we have synagogue and then we are going to babysit for my friend's 3 sons until she gets out of work.. OYE.. hopefully it will stay dry so they can go over to the playground.  I would take them to the pool--which will open tomorrow-- but 1. we are only allowed 2 guest passes and 2. I don't want to have to worry about 2 smaller ones in the pool--too much responsibility.  

Tomorrow night, I am going to a friend's party in NJ.  I had 3 different things I was invited to on Saturday and decided the only fair way to choose was to go in invite order.  I started replying to things without realizing there was more than one thing going on and got ahead of myself.  

Sunday, Siehara has a Bat Mitzvah in the evening so I'll come home and relax while she's there I guess.  

Monday my plan is to veg out at the pool and nothing else!

Have a great holiday weekend everyone!

My tracker

hers 

steffihope
on 5/26/11 10:23 pm - Philadelphia, PA
God morning Liz and all of PA....My mood swings are in full force!!!!  Last night was a challenge to say the least.  I was miserable, and then a very good friend must have sensed it because I was skyped and we giggled and laughed for quite some time.  It felt great to catch up....sort of in person.  Then started to feel down again.  Had another nice conversation as I got ready for bed.  I finally gave up on feeling good, chose NOT to eat anything - however that was more because the only thing I wanted was hot and my air conditioners are not in yet - so THAT was not going to happen.  I didn't sleep great - again, no air conditioning.....I do have ceiling fans in every room of the house - but hot air is hot air.  And that fact that I work in an unairconditioned building surrounded by smelly, albeit fun and sweet, 14-15 year olds, I would love to come home to some comfort....ugh!

With any luck, Larry is home right now at least putting in ONE air conditioner.  We have four, two are not working, they are nine years old, looks like I need to get some new ones....god I wish I had central air - although then if the system went, we wouldn't even be able to cool off one room, right?!?!  Oh well, some people, ie, ME! - are never satisfied.

I have no plans for this weekend.  Was thinking about taking a long drive tomorrow night to celebrate a friends birthday, but with Larry working, and Charlie hopefully getting out of the hospital, I am thinking that staying close to home will make much more sense.  And besides, I can be depressed all by myself right?!?!

After school I am headed home, Molly has a sleepover tonight and Larry is working....that is it!  Anyone want to go out?!?!
Nicole0216
on 5/26/11 10:42 pm - Lancaster, PA
we love you and will miss you lots but it is good to take care of yourself.
lynnc99
on 5/26/11 11:58 pm
Steffi, I would give bonus points to your kids who raise their right hand and swear that they will shower EVERY day during the heat!

Not sure I could cope without a/c at night. I am like the princess and the pea when it comes to sleeping. The air has to be just right. The fan has to be on. The sheets and pillows have to be just right. etc. etc. etc.

Not picky or anything, though.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1777 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1870 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2554 views