gallbladder surgery?

jastypes
on 8/22/11 5:52 am - Croydon, PA
My son, who is stuck in a hospital in Carbondale, IL, after a horribly-gone-wrong road trip with friends, while I am home in Philly, had to have gallbladder surgery yesterday.  It was done laparoscopically, but he is having a lot of pain, refuses to walk (which we all know should be done after surgery), and cannot be discharged yet.  I am reaching at straws to feel connected to him in some way, as it is impossible for me to get to him right now.

Bear with me.  I know I'm not making sense.  I don't really have a question.  I think I'm just having a panic attack.  You guys are such a support to me.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Nicole0216
on 8/22/11 9:51 am - Lancaster, PA
It will be ok just keep expresses those fears and anxiety. Better out than in always. He is on the back end of this trauma and will be able to come home soon. Anything you can do to motivate him to move and follow instructions will help them help him. He is safe and in a good place.
IdaMae D.
on 8/22/11 10:13 am - Philadelphia, PA
Were you able to talk to his insurance company?

Sending prayers to you and your son...

IdaMae

Laureen S.
on 8/22/11 10:35 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Jill,

I know you remember that laproscopic surgery leaves one gassy, maybe you can get through to him by explaining how you felt when you had your gastric bypass 4 years ago and explaining you know he is in pain, but that the pain will go away quicker if he moves around and allows it to pass out of his system, you probably explained all that to him already. . .  Gee I really wish there was something I could say that would make you feel better, but being a Mom in cir****tances like this is not easy.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Arlene E.
on 8/22/11 10:42 am - Philadelphia, PA

Jill, I can feel your frustration and pain.  Just reaching out with a cyber hug.  Hopefully his pain will lessen and he will begin to walk.  

Arlene 

bvohl
on 8/22/11 11:16 am
Jill,

I cannot imagine what you are going through right now! I am glad that you came here for support which is definitely something you need!! We are here for you! I am sure your son knows that you are there in spirit.

Sending love, support and hugs your way!!

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

sandy L.
on 8/22/11 1:35 pm - Altoona, PA
 Jill,

You don't need to make sense, we are your friends here and will understand no matter what.  Continuing to keep your son and family in prayer.  Are his friends able to visit him?

jastypes
on 8/22/11 10:59 pm - Croydon, PA
No, he is alone.  His friends came home on Friday.  Maybe today will be the day he comes home.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Laureen S.
on 8/22/11 11:47 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
 praying he comes home today

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Patricia R.
on 8/23/11 12:05 am - Perry, MI
Breath, Jill, Breath.  Slowly, and surely, just take a few breaths and breath.

I understand that angst of wanting to be with your child when he is sick and in need of Mom's TLC.  It is when our faith is tested.  Trust the Lord for your son, and remember that God has him in the palm of His hand and is working in his life. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1810 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1906 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2588 views