clean slate

Lisa H.
on 1/29/12 10:10 pm - Whitehall, PA
I am just going to copy what I put in a private group on FB, because it pretty much sums up the day and gives a bit of background if you are not aware of what is going on with Siehara. 

Happy Monday all.. I am looking at today with hope and anticipation. If you saw my status on my page, it is kind of vague. That was intentional for my daughter's sake, but let me get out what's been going on. 

My status says: Today is a day for starting over with a clean slate. I hope and pray that hard work and determination are included and we get the best results for the safety and peace of all involved.

Today, my daughter is starting her first day at an acute partial hospitalization program at a place called Kids Peace (KP). She has really been testing her freedoms and dangerous behaviors, such as sexting, lying and sneaking around. No disciplinary actions I have taken have worked so far, so this is our next (and hopefully, final) step. She will be there from 8-2:30 for at least this week. This will be in place of school. 

According to their website, it is an alternative to youth at risk for inpatient psychiatric hospitalization due to difficulty functioning in school, at home and in the community or a step-down service after inpatient care. The program provides intensive interdisciplinary mental health services on an outpatient basis and is divided into groups of 6–12 year olds and 13–18 year olds. Services include psychiatric evaluations, substance abuse screening, tutoring, medication monitoring, behavior modification, case management and individual, group and family therapy.

There is one hour dedicated to school work. Her teachers gave her a week's worth of work to bring with her. I took off from my 2nd job (with the blessings of my manager) so I can be home when she gets home this whole week. I am afraid that she is going to get worse before she gets better and I need to be here for her when she gets home. She left today with a positive attitude (and wearing a smiley face shirt and socks) ready for a fresh start. I was so happy to see that this morning. 

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. We need a fresh start and trust building so we can lead a normal mother/teen daughter relationship. Dealing with the normal hormonal bull**** HAS to be easier than this.

My tracker

hers 

Nicole0216
on 1/29/12 10:27 pm - Lancaster, PA
You both are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so proud of you both and happy that you are always willing to do whatever it takes to support and help your daughter.
Lisa H.
on 1/30/12 12:57 am - Whitehall, PA
 Thanks Nic.. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have you and all my PA family to help me through this. 

My tracker

hers 

bvohl
on 1/29/12 11:22 pm
Lisa,

I am praying and hoping that this is a positive experience for Siehara and that it will also help you to make things a bit easier!!

Love you!!
Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Lisa H.
on 1/30/12 12:58 am - Whitehall, PA
 Thanks for all your continued support, Beth.. and YAY Steven!!!

My tracker

hers 

bvohl
on 1/30/12 3:25 am
I am here for you, I hope you know that!!!

LOVE U!!
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Lisa H.
on 1/30/12 3:56 am - Whitehall, PA
 I do know that.. thanks and love you too, Beth! 

My tracker

hers 

MARK B.
on 1/29/12 11:49 pm - INDIANAPOLIS, IN
lisa

you are doing a great job as a mother

my prayers for her and you

hang in there 

glad youi found a program that hopefully will help

if  you ever need to talk  i am here
Mark
HW 497 09/08 / SW 403 10/07/10/ CW 11/11 283
http://facebook.com/MCBUTLER64       /     [email protected]

Lisa H.
on 1/30/12 12:59 am - Whitehall, PA
 Thanks for visiting to check out my ordeals, Mark.  You are always a great source of friendly, kind support.... not to mention all the compliments on my pics..  

My tracker

hers 

lynnc99
on 1/30/12 12:29 am
Lisa, you are taking a big step and doing the RIGHT thing in the best interests of your child. Ultimately, she will know that you have done all you can to put yourself between her and a world of bad situations she could be involved with....at this age, without a clue of all the real harm she could be facing.

So - good for you! You hit the "good mom" hall of fame with this one.

I believe you are right on track in that it may get worse before it gets better. In my years of working with troubled kids, when a therapist got close to the "real" issues, they balked, refused to go, escalated in behaviors, etc. All of that was intended to avoid revealing (much less facing) the core issues. Trouble is - you can't predict when that will happen, so buckle your seatbelt.

Will they be working with you on a home program for behavior, chores, and the like? I know you have worked on those topics before - I'd reach out for as much support as you can get right now to structure her world in a positive way.

Keep us posted on how both of you are doing. Sending you VERY good thoughts and energy today!!!

PS. THe normal hormonal **** is, indeed, easier than this. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1776 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1869 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2552 views