Thirsty Thursday

Nicole0216
on 4/11/12 9:28 pm - Lancaster, PA
I started Roll Call earlier then realized it was more appropriate as a blog post so I put it there. Feel free to view it if you want to. As with most of my posts it is usually sooo light hearted LOL.

Today I am at work, the count down begins. The Mississippi licensing board meets tomorrow and I hope and pray that they approve my license so I can start my new job on the 30th.  This is a good move for me I believe and has been quite a long process to get. Fingers crossed. My director an I are going to be giving a talk at the local MH/MR today on our clinic and population and what we offer this is the part of my job that I do love.

Critter is on the mend he had 4 inches of his tail amputated on Tuesday after it was caught in the door, he is a sad sad kitty but he is getting better each day. We are also recovering. I am trying to regroup with my food it has been off this week due to Critter and my feeling guilty and traumatized LOL. Been eating too many carbs.

Hope you all have a good day
IdaMae D.
on 4/11/12 10:07 pm - Philadelphia, PA
GM Nicole & PA:

Will keep you in my thoughts today as the Mississippi licensing board meets that all is well for issue of your license.

Today is the day - Thesis presentation.

I'm working from home, cleaning up some loose ends from yesterday and from the many projects I'm involved with at work.

Then I have to organize one more time all my materials and such and head over to the university to present.  It is finally here!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful day...

Ida

IdaMae

Nicole0216
on 4/11/12 10:37 pm - Lancaster, PA
GOOD LUCK TO YOU!! All of your hard work has been worth it
Laureen S.
on 4/11/12 11:25 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Ida, wishing you all the best today!!!  I'm sure you will do great!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Laureen S.
on 4/11/12 11:32 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi Nicole, PA Friends,

I am wishing that the trauma of poor Critter is behind all of you in short order, wow, there is some humour in my response and I didn't even realize it (lol). . .  I love when I can crack myself up.

Also hoping that all goes well with the licensing board, as well as your presentation today!  I have faith in you that you can get the carb monster back in it's cage.

My day is being spent at work, noontime AA meeting, possibly my AA homegroup tonight, but I go there less and less as it ends so late and I am not a late night person during the workweek. . . we'll see.  Otherwise it's a beautiful sunny day and I am going to just take the gift of today and embrace it, hoping that I can focus on my blessings, rather than my wants and desires, which always lead me to a place I rather avoid.

Have a wonderful day and if you find yourself facing challenges, I wish you peace and the strength necessary to face them headon. . .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Lisa H.
on 4/12/12 1:36 am - Whitehall, PA
 read and commented on your blog post, Nicole.. so proud of you.. 

Hopefully you can get the licensing thing taken care of so you can start the new job.  Poor Critter.  He'll be ok.. 

I am sick.. sick.. sick.. woke up in the middle of the night Tuesday to go to the bathroom and was dizzy, shaky, cold sweats, etc.. I called for help from the bathroom and Siehara heard me.  She went and got Neil for me.  He helped me get back to bed.  I'm sure if I had just sat there for a bit, I would have been ok.  But, it was nice to know he was here.  I woke up Wed morning feeling like absolute crap.  I didn't work and DID go to the dr.  Seems I have a sinus infection.  Neil took me to the dr and the drugstore and then stayed by my side making sure I was getting in fluids all day long.  He had to leave last night, but didn't want to because of me being sick.  I assured him I would be ok. 

Woke up this morning feeling a little bit better.. well enough to at least work for Aetna.  But, I did let Dress Barn know yesterday that they should try to find a backup for tonight.  I just called them to let them know there was no way I could work tonight.  

So, I'm just trying to make it through the Aetna day and then go back to trying to rest this off.  I'm taking antibiotics and drinking lots of fluids.  

My tracker

hers 

Nicole0216
on 4/12/12 1:51 am - Lancaster, PA
Thanks Lisa I am sure it must be hard on you. But thanks for the support
Nicole0216
on 4/12/12 2:14 am - Lancaster, PA
I hope you feel better this sounds like an awful bug
bvohl
on 4/12/12 4:13 am
Good Afternoon Nicole and PA!

I was up bright and early this morning. Took Dee to school, then went to my therapist and had a good session! Then did some errands and came back home. I will be leaving in a bit to get a follow up ultrasound for my thyroid. SO MUCH FUN!!!

Nicole, give yourself a break! It is so traumatic when something happens to hurt our babies(fur or human). I am sure Critter will be fine. You and Jason might take a bit longer but it will happen.

Lisa, hope you feel better soon! No fun being sick!!

Have a great day!!
Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Arlene E.
on 4/12/12 4:25 am - Philadelphia, PA

Nicole,  wishing you the best with the new job prospect. 

ida,  hooray for you. You have worked so hard.

Lisa, feel better soon.  

And to everyone else keep thinking positive

I am sitting I Starbucks waiting to go to my accupuncture apt and am trying to keep calm regarding some family issues. I feel like the only "normal" member of so much dysfunction. Unfortunately I was just entering starbucks when I got a text from my sister and made an unhealthy choice.  Suffice it to say - very unhealthy. Will probably suffer from low blood sugar attack while all those needles are poked into me.  I have the rest of the day to get it right. 

Good day all! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1775 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1869 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2552 views