Tuesday roll Call

Nicole0216
on 4/30/12 10:51 pm - Lancaster, PA
Hi all I start my new job today. So weird to be showing up for work at home. I am anxious more about the technology part of being trained virtually but I know that in the end this is a good change for me and it will work out. This is an opportunity to have more control of my schedule my environment etc and I hope that it will help me be able to finish the really hard parts of my therapy process and get beyond that. Also hopefully I can tackle some regain. I am fascinated to see how this whole thing works out.

I hope that you all have a good day.Keeping Lisa Schnibbe Hunt in my thoughts she had to put her baby kitty to sleep yesterday.
jastypes
on 4/30/12 11:38 pm - Croydon, PA
Schnibbe is in my prayers as well.  Have fun on your first day! 

I am trying to work through some hurt.  Last week was Administrative Assistant's day.  In the past, my bosses (I work for 4 attorneys) have bought me flowers and taken me to lunch.  I got completely ignored last week.  I've worked for them for 7 years, and don't have an obvious problems.  I know they were very busy preparing for a mediation, but still...  My daughter was in town that day and she bought me flowers because she felt bad for me since the other secretaries all got flowers from their bosses.  I'm offended and hurt, and now I don't know whether I should say something or work extra hard to forgive and let it go.  It's a resentment building at the moment, and I am trying not to stuff it or attempt to eat it away.

Thanks for listening.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Patricia R.
on 5/1/12 3:39 am - Perry, MI
 Hi Jill,
I hope you are able to work through the resentment that is building, because in AA, resentments are dangerous territory for us in recovery.  Work the Steps on what happened.  You are powerless over your bosses, and their decisions.  

I would let it go.  Remember our saying, "Let Go, Let God."  Pray about it.

One year, my older son totally dissed me on my birthday, which is in November.  Not even a card.  I was hurt, but did not hold it against him.  For Christmas that year, he took me to Florida to see the Philles play in Spring training.  He paid for the airfare, the hotel, and all my meals.  We drove home together, and grew closer.  

Just pray about it, and ask God to help you let it go.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Sara E.
on 4/30/12 11:54 pm - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Good morning Nicole & PA!

Today has me working then taking Caleb to scouts tonight.  Only 26 days until his Eagle Scout Court of Honor.  I have so much to do to be ready for it.  I hope we have nice weather and that it all goes well.  Not much else is new here.  I worked on my motorcycle oin Sunday and got it to run last night.  I went out for a little ride, but it was cold.  It will be warm here today, but they are calling for rain for the next 7 days....guess the bike will be collecting dust for a week:)
Have a great one!

Sara

Patricia R.
on 5/1/12 3:07 am - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Nicole,
Best of luck and good wishes for your new venture with your job.  I hope it is a huge success for you, in all areas.  

I was up early for a 7:00 a.m. MRI of my back, followed immediately by a trip to the lab, then immediately to the hematologist's.  I came home and mopped my kitchen and bathroom floors, and then walked around the corner to the local pharmacy to pick up a prescription.  They are a local business that seems to carry meds that Rite Aid does not carry.  

Must scoot.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1775 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1869 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2552 views