Thrilling Thursday Roll Call

steffihope
on 5/16/12 10:35 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning all of PA!  It looks like it is going to an absolutely amazing day weather wise!  And you all know how I do enjoy Mother Nature! :) 

I am feeling some kind of smug this morning.  An old friend of mine, with whom I was "replaced" last year had some pictures posted of himself on facebook.  I looked at these pictures and though how bad he looked in them.  And these pics are after RNY AND plastics.....hee hee hee......I know it is mean, but I am so glad he doesn't look great.  Every now and again, that stupid high school mean girl emerges and I do find her a bit entertaining.....but anyway - back to my normal mature self....STOP LAUGHING! :)

I am at school.  I am expecting another easy day.  There is a cooking program that comes in to my school and today they are doing two lessons with my kids.  I will most likely only have to teach at the end of the day.  After school I am heading home, possibly to run and then to my therapist appointment.  Then it is my turn to schlep Emily to the local carnival so that her sister and brother do not have to worry about her and can hang with their friends.

That is all for me....have a great Thursday all! :)
Patricia R.
on 5/16/12 11:22 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Steffi and PA,
Well, my day was just spoiled.  I forgot to move my car for the street sweeper, and will get a $15 parking ticket as a result.  When I thought of it at 5:30 this morning, there were no parking spots across the street.  Now, it's too late.

I still have a killer sinus headache, which has been hanging in there since Saturday.  I am so looking forward to my surgery on June 4th.  While I will be in a great amount of pain, more than with RNY, I should experience relief after I recover.  I have had sinus surgery twice before, so I know how much it hurts.  I'm not exagerating.  It hurt more than my open RNY.  

If you heard about the chemical fire in Bristol, I live about a mile from where it was.  We had to keep our windows and doors closed all day yesterday.  The odor was rather repulsive.  Did not help the headache, or asthma, at all.  It wasn't smoke, but a chemical odor.

I have nothing special on my agenda today.  Not really making plans, just putzing around the apartment.  Might get some tidying done.

Hope everyone has a blessed day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

bvohl
on 5/16/12 11:51 pm
 GM PA!

I so wish I could go out and enjoy this beautiful weather! Alas, I must be in work at least until 3:30....
My Dad is doing better, hopefully will be released tomorrow. Thanks for all the positive thoughts and prayers!!

Today is wor****il 3:30 unless we have a staff meeting, then it will be until 3:45. When I get home there is a pile of clean laundry that needs to be dealt with. Dinner, homework, etc. it seems the evenings go by so quickly.

Have a great day!

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Lisa H.
on 5/17/12 12:11 am - Whitehall, PA
steffihope
on 5/17/12 2:07 am - Philadelphia, PA
 So glad you knew EXACTLY who I meant - and totally agreed with me!  This is why we have stayed friends - and they can have each other! :)  God - I do love you girl! :)  (And thanks for being a mean girl with me......LOL )
Lisa H.
on 5/18/12 5:29 am - Pennsauken, NJ
 Wow. Really?? You both had to go there?? How dissapointing. 
Lisa H.
Nicole0216
on 5/18/12 7:07 am - Lancaster, PA
 Maya Angelo says when someone shows you who they are, believe them" guess they did go there
Liz R.
on 5/18/12 10:24 am - Easton, PA
Wow and I thought this was a support site, so disappointing
bvohl
on 5/18/12 10:32 am
Liz,

This IS a support site and some people have lost sight of that!! You are right it is disappointing!!!
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Lisa H.
on 5/18/12 2:09 pm - Whitehall, PA
 I just wanted to come back and apologize for my poor judgement. l didn't think before I responded and now that I have (and see the responses calling me out), I realize that I was VERY wrong.  I have no excuse for what I said and I am very sorry for it.  

I realize that this is supposed to be a judgement free zone and I am FAR from perfect.  I really feel crappy that I put myself out there like that. 

Again, sorry.. 

My tracker

hers 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1775 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1869 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2552 views