Tuesday Roll Call

steffihope
on 5/21/12 10:37 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning all of PA!!!!!

A lovely damp Tuesday morning here in Northeast Philadelphia.   Having some anxiety about school.  My principal yesterday advised me that I was moving to 4th grade in September.  Yep - 4th grade.  Should be interesting.  I am just about done my onine applications for new jobs.  I need to get away from this woman.  However, whatever or wherever I am teaching in the fall - I know how to teach and I am good at it.  What I am looking forward to is the 7th grade parents finding out that I will not be teaching their kids in the fall.  That should go over like a lead balloon!

Today, teaching, psychiatrist and then dinner with friends.

What are you up to today?
Patricia R.
on 5/21/12 11:06 pm - Perry, MI
 Hi Steffi,
I was in a K-8 school with a principal like that, and decided I needed to get in a middle school.  First, I was at Labrum, and then Baldi.  My old principal would take a teacher from 8th grade and put her in 1st grade.  Talk about craziness.  I did not want to teach the younger grades, once I got my middle school certificates.  Good luck.

Today, has me very sleepy.  I'm so sleep deprived lately.  I have trouble falling asleep, and then wake up early, and falling asleep in my rocking chair, if I am lucky.  Not sure what is causing this stuff recently.  

Anywho, I have to get to Giant for a few groceries.  Not a lot, because I am broke until payday on the first.  

I hope everyone has a blessed day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Dennis Belk
on 5/22/12 2:25 am - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Steffi, Trish & Everyone,

Well, how have you all been? I've been away from the board awhile and away from Barix, but I'm still around. Busy on many fronts while still working in New York. I'm more than 7 years out now from RNY and so many things are different but, life is still good. I hope to be around a bit more both here and at Barix and I'm working on a monthly support group for "older" (time out from WLS) patients. To be held in northeast Philadelphia. It's developing and I'll keep you informed about it, right here.

Have a wonderful day Everyone. Do it because it's easy. Do it because it's beneficial. Do it because it makes you smile. Do it because it makes others smile.

I'm smiling at you. 

Dennis 

Lisa H.
on 5/22/12 2:52 am - Whitehall, PA
 Howdy everyone... busy working lately.  Aetna is crazy busy, but thankfully that means OT.  Things at home have been pretty calm, actually.  Thank goodness!!!!  

We took Siehara off the Neurotin, which was supposed to act as a mood stabilizer, but instead caused all of the extreme aggression.  We weaned her off starting Tuesday night and is no longer on it at all as of Friday.  What a difference!!  I have my daughter back!!  There are still a few things going on, but nothing like the past few weeks.   We are increasing her dosage of Abilify little by little and she is getting ready to head off to camp in June!  

Tonsils out June 7, then camp June 21.. things are definitely better here. 

As for me, I am working today til 3:30.  She has therapy at 4 and then I have to for an MRI on my wrist at 6.  Hopefully, we'll figure out once and for all what is going on.  The x-rays showed nothing, so I'm guessing tendonitis or something like that.

Hope everyone is having a good day.  I have been reflecting on the past few days/weeks and have decided that I need to be in a more positive place for myself, as well as the people around me.  So, that's what I'm trying to do. 

My tracker

hers 

Nicole0216
on 5/22/12 3:08 am - Lancaster, PA
Love you and I am so happy to hear that they targeted the neurontin. I had not heard that side effect from it but meds can be so weird with children. i am just glad you have your kid back, Thank God.

Good luck with your MRI
cleos_mom
on 5/22/12 12:24 pm - phila., PA
glad things are better for u Lisa
Susan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1785 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1879 views
And DS groups in PA