A Message from "Martine"

Gabriella21
on 5/19/11 8:28 am - Roxboro, Canada

Hi everybody,

Well I finally got to meet "Martine" on wednesday for my pre-op appointment and what a great person. She really seems to care and is extremely knowledgeable. So all went well for me and she told me I'd have a 4 week OptiFast Festival...lol But I will get through it as you all did.

So..we got to talking about people that have gone through the "process" and she asked me to let you know (the people that know her) that she'd love to hear about what's goung on. She said that once the surgery is over you guys can still call and she would love to hear how you are all doing and not to forget about her.

I mentioned the get together and I mentioned your name Derek and I told her you're doing really well and that you are now engaged and she said..."that's what I mean, I never get all the good news" in french of course. So guys...give her a call and let her know how great you are all doing...she'll appreciate it!

That's it for now...have a great evening and as soon as I can pin down Diana (before she leaves on her trip) and have her post the photos of our wonderful get together!

Hugs,
Ada
Nathalie D.
on 5/19/11 9:04 am - Gatineau, Canada
This is such a good news Ada... I am very happy for you. 

Nathalie
HW 385     SW  351   

Spezza_Fan
on 5/19/11 9:03 pm - Gatineau, Canada
Ah.... the 4 week OptiFast festival. I know you can do it as I did but I have to say that it is hard from day 2 to about day 6. After that, as long as you keep at it, it will get easier and the weight will just continue to melt off. I'm so excited for you Ada. Your time is coming! I will most definitely call Martine when I hit 100 pounds lost. Only 16 more pounds to go.

Derek
StartW: 406.6    SurgeryW: 370.8    LastW: 249.6    ThisW: 246.6  
VSG SURGERY ON MARCH 10TH, 2011
Follow my journey on YouTube at www.YouTube.com/Dirik29
keeanna
on 5/21/11 1:45 pm - Lachute, Quebec, Canada
Hi Ada,  i'm so glad things are finally moving for you....   It should be my turn too very soon....   I'm going to the group meeting with the nut on Thursday this week and i'm soooo anxious and nervous....   As I was reading your message, I saw that you had 4 weeks of Optifast to do.... how come 4 weeks???   My dr. told me back in dec.08 that I would only need to do 2 weeks.  Is it possible that I need to do more?  My starting weight is 292 lbs for 5'6", does it depend of your weight?  I'm asking because i'm saving money to buy it right now and I need to know if I need 200$ or 400$ when it's time to buy my Optifast....   I would have liked to asked these questions in a private message but I don't have you as a friend and don't know how to add you, so if you want to answer me in private, please add me....

Thanks

Anne
I'm 5'6" VSG October 13th, 2011 with Dr.Atlas at Sacre Coeur.

Gabriella21
on 5/25/11 1:11 pm - Roxboro, Canada

Hi Anne I've added you as a friend a few days ago and answered your question. But it's pretty much as Ana explained .
Take care
Ada
Brenda B.
on 5/23/11 12:34 am - Gaspé, Canada
Hi Guys!
Anne I think the norm now is four weeks. I also only had to do two so I would save the money in case!.

Ana_1978
on 5/23/11 9:58 pm, edited 5/24/11 10:37 pm - Canada
Hi Anne!

They'll explain everything on the group meeting, but it all depends on your BMI.

From BMI 40 to 50: 2 weeks of liquid diet
From 50 to 60: 4 weeks
More than 60: 6 weeks

According to the data you provided, your BMI is 47.1, so you'll only need 2 weeks of Optifast!

Take care,

Ana
StartW: 246.8    SurgeryW: 206.4        ThisW: 136.6

Most Active