High Protein Soups & Hot Chocolate @ Wal Mart

Kelley_girl123
on 10/11/12 4:09 am - St. Bruno, Quebec, Canada
Hey Everybody:  

As I anxiously await my phone call from Sacre-Coeur, I have been doing some research on HIgh Protein powders, fods and so forth.   I came across some High Protein Soup and Hot Chocolate mixes at Wal mart     I wish I could remember the Brand name.  

Has anybody tried them??    Are they recommended?   

I am also curious,  what is a typical meal like for those of you who are back onto solid foods.      

Thanks all!!   Any information is appreciated.     

Kellie 

OctoberRosie
on 10/22/12 4:46 am - Canada
 I made a turn at walmart and I didn't find anything, I can't help you with the name.

But I found  Unjury.com   on internet (my Dr suggest it too).  They sell whey isolate protein less expensive than the Beneprotein (I can't even smell it) and the taste is better than Beneprotein and Protein Engineered sold at Le Naturiste.

Shipping is a flat $18.80 for one or # pots.  The shipment takes something like 1 1/2 weeks to arrive here, the people over there are very nice to speak with.  
Lindsay A.
on 10/22/12 12:20 pm - vaudreuil, Canada
 Does it taste like beneprotein??
cause really I cannot stand it!! I gag at the smell. I'd rather not throw up at all (I am 5 days out) so I have avoided it to say the least.

OctoberRosie
on 10/22/12 1:04 pm - Canada
 Beneprotein has a strong smell and taste me too I was feeeeeeed up of the liquid diet at the third day because of the infamous Beneprotein.

I would say that all the unflavored has a small special taste but Unjury has it not as strong as Beneprotein, I reconciliated with the liquid diet, today it is my 16 day.  Unjury doesn't makes me be nauseated at the odor or taste.

I have been using the vanilla and strawberry too (chocolate splendor is not terrible but not my favorite) their taste hides the isolat taste very well.  I  add those to jello + grec yogourt and I make popsicles high protein, to jello simply to hide the small taste still present, I make too jello+yogourt + protein it is not bad at all and gives you a way to have your protein.

I imagine when you are allowed to milk it will make a nice taste.  But definitely I feel for those stuck with Beneprotein, that taste too strong and smells too bad.

Remember if you order now it will arrive when you have finish the liquid diet.  I ordered October 16th and it's not still arrived, they sent it on October 17th at the end of the day.  I know it because I had done a mistake on my order, the lady whent to check and told me it was already gone but she offered me to sell me what I was missing (because of my mistake) in my order and not to charge shipping for it; very nice service!

No Beneprotein !  please !  

lgm
on 10/22/12 11:15 pm
HI Lindsay,
How are you feeling?  I am just curious, do you feel any internal pain, like where they cut the stomach?  I don't mean the exterior part like the stitches..but inside?
For some reason I fear that more than the exterior pain.
I spoke to Dr. Safa last week and my spleen won't be removed unless he really needs to.
I am sooooo relieved!!!  Nov 19 here I come!!!!  They told me I don't have to do the opti-Fast as long as I don't gain any weight.,.woooohoooo.

When do you need to go back for your check up?
Lily
Lindsay A.
on 10/23/12 1:24 am - vaudreuil, Canada
 Hi Lily!

to be honest... pain lasted for 2 days!!! I was on pain killers they gave me 30.. I have about 15 left. now I just take 1 before I go to bed to make sure I sleep.. I am not use to sleeping on my back. 

as for the insision sites.. they don't hurt at all.. there is a bit of akwardness because they have staples in them and it rubs a bit on my shirts but thats about it. I had my Nuese friend come over to take off my bandages and check out my boo boos:) she said they looked SUPER CLEAN CUT and are healing very well!!!!

the hardest part of this all I would have to say was trying to get the pain killers down the next day.. I split them into 4 and swallowed them 1 at a time and the beneprotein.. If you hated optifast.. just you wait!!!!!!
I would sugesst you bring a pillow for the car ride home and a bowl because I felt nausea. and the pillow helps with the bumps.. I vitoed the seat belt. 

for the check up.... I guess its in about a month.. but I am being followed by a bunch of dr's,.. regular GP.. Oncologists... fertility... so we'll see::):):)

Keep us posted!!! 
I was operated on Thursday today I am eating soup with cheese.. rice krispies.. milk... jello and greek yougart!! 

lgm
on 10/23/12 1:44 am
OMG! Lindsay,

I am so happy you are doing so well. Thank you for sharing. I am soooo nervous and anxious just to get this over with!!  As per the beneprotein, I won't even bother opening it: :) 
I read the posts this morning, I will order the unjury.  I heard they are excellent even on the other forum.

Anyway, rest, sip and enjoy your journey!!  I can't wait to join you on the other side as well. :)
I am thinking of you and sending you positive energy :)
Lily
Most Active