Anyone going tonight?

Robyn V.
on 6/3/09 2:57 am - Riverside, RI
Just wondering who is going to the support group at RIH tonight. I'd like to go and meet everyone!
Eldy
on 6/3/09 4:59 am - Warwick, RI
Hi Robyn,  I had  planned on it, then we realized that each kid had an important event tonight at the same time.  My son has a chorus concert and my daughter is playing her last softball game.  So my husband and I have to do separate duties. I do plan on going to Julies meeting in a couple of weeks though.  Have a good time.  Its a good meeting at RIH. 
Eldy
Faith sees the invisible, Believes the incredible, and Receives the impossible. - anonymous
kjdcolts66
on 6/3/09 2:15 pm - Pawtucket, RI
Awww, sorry I didn't check here earlier, Robin.  I went and it was a big group. 

I was a bit disappointed; I had wanted to ask a couple questions and raised my hand at least 6 times but the conversations were monopolized by several people.  I tried to ask a few of the other people near me but they seemed to want to head out as quickly as they could.

I'll continue going, though, maybe it was because it was such a big group.  ~shrugs~

~kelly jo
Robyn V.
on 6/3/09 9:31 pm - Riverside, RI
I ended up getting into a cleaning frenzy and cleaned my whole house so I missed the meeting. I definitely want to go to a group but I was hoping to go to Julie's. I just assumed it would be smaller. Not that I'm against a big group, but don't want to be too overwhelmed, you know! Maybe next time!!!
Cathy Dumont
on 6/3/09 10:36 pm - Cumberland, RI
Hi...to everyone
Ive only been to one group so far, and that was Jules group at RWH.  I liked it okay, and I guess it was a bigger group than usual because Dr. Pohl was speaking.  He was good, had alot of information, but as far as groups go....Im not too keen on going, not because they arent good but because of my own issues...I wear a hearing aide and its so difficult to understand what people are saying alot of the time,  especially if everyone is talking at once.  I know its my own issue.  Not all people who wear aides are bothered so by the confusion..I am.  anyway. I will continue to go. but if you speak to me and i just smile and nod, or i ask you to repeat yourself 5 million times, you'll know why!
kjdcolts66
on 6/4/09 8:23 am - Pawtucket, RI
Robyn.....

Wanna clean my house??  I'll bear the burden of attending the meeting for you? 

We'll catch you at the next one!

~kelly jo
Robyn V.
on 6/3/09 10:46 pm - Riverside, RI
that's the one I want to go to!!! Can you give me the info on it?
cuppyb
on 6/4/09 12:06 am - Fort Worth, TX
Revision on 05/20/15 with
Julie holds Living Life on the third Wednesday of each month at 7 pm.  We meet in the green room (think that's the name of it) in the back of the cafeteria. 

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.- Author unknown

scottrc
on 6/4/09 4:03 am
There is also a support group at The Miriam Hospital the 3rd Tuesday of each month.  Band patients have their own mini-group 5:30 to 6 and all gastric patients/hopefulls start at 6. 

A lot of people on this forum are Dr. Pohl or Dr G patients, this one is run by those in Dr. Sax and Dr. Vithianathan's office.  It may be interesting for those from "that other office" to see how we roll... :-)
kjdcolts66
on 6/4/09 8:21 am - Pawtucket, RI
Scott,

"Your" Support Group at Miriam is next on my list to attend.  I had a conflict with the last one, so you'll definately see me at this one!  It's on the 16th, correct?

I hope to meet up with you then!

~kelly jo
Most Active
Recent Topics
Blah
kathleen j. · 0 replies · 2677 views
RI VSG support group
becca9891 · 0 replies · 3376 views
Kent Hospital Bariatric team
Clamcake65 · 1 replies · 5073 views
Seeking Surgery Buddies!
delprov · 2 replies · 5870 views