Dr. Pohl's Staff

(deactivated member)
on 7/6/11 4:12 am - RI
Is it just me? Or does it seem like everytime you call Dr. Pohl's office in Johnston they give you SERIOUS attitude. I just don't understand it.

If they can't handle the pressure...get a different job!!!!!!!!!!

Any advice about them? Should I be consistent and persistant? They never return phone calls...

talula216
on 7/6/11 4:16 am - RI
RNY on 01/16/12

From what I have heard Yes be persistant.  You have to keep calling them.   I have heard this from a lot of his patients. 

I do know when I called about the seminar.  I was told just to go, they hung up before I could ask any questions. 

Talula
Starting weight 369

rojas2011
on 7/6/11 4:24 am - Westerly, RI
Persistance!!! Cheryl is only there like 4 hours a day in am or afternoon and not sure which one each day.
I leave a message then call back.lol
gogt
on 7/6/11 5:39 am - RI

I have unfortunately learned that the only way to get action is to do it through the mail and have documentation. Once I started sending written requests, I got results. I know they deal with alot of different personalities and situations.. I don't have a background on how other offices work, but I will say that this one is poorly managed. I was held up on miss information. I requested documentation in a letter to the office and I was approved and had a date in days. This is a big decision and confidence in the surgeon is what I need, but the distraction of the office personal is un-nerving.

Good luck. I think the support groups are great for those who are going through the process, but it does paint the office in a negative light. If they kept us infomormed and answered our questions  we could center ourselves on getting well.
Just my two cents.

marymcd54
on 7/9/11 7:24 am - Warwick, RI

I have to laugh... I was feeling the same way with Dr. V office too.
But all is underway now.
I think this is such a big business now they do not have the staff to handle all of us! lol
Marylmcd

Most Active
Recent Topics
Blah
kathleen j. · 0 replies · 2666 views
RI VSG support group
becca9891 · 0 replies · 3365 views
Kent Hospital Bariatric team
Clamcake65 · 1 replies · 5057 views
Seeking Surgery Buddies!
delprov · 2 replies · 5862 views